Things you've discovered on Note 8?

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
That's what I was wondering also. The plug would still be in the headset jack so how would you get any sound with the earbuds cut off?

Your radio app uses the plugged in wire with the ear buds cut off as an antenna. So you are playing the radio with sound being heard by everyone --like a transistor radio of olden days lol. I am sitting listening to mine like that as I type. Try it. Cheap to buy a $1.00 set of ear buds at the Dollar Store and just leave about six inches attached to the fitting that goes into the bottom of the phone. I did that for years on my Blackberry phones.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
How do you hear the radio if you cut the speakers off of the earbuds?
You are playing the music out loud like a transistor radio so everyone can hear it. The length of wire with the plug in attachment left to plug into the bottom of the phone acts as an antenna. Great for power failures and natural disasters so everyone can hear the news.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Your radio app uses the plugged in wire with the ear buds cut off as an antenna. So you are playing the radio with sound being heard by everyone --like a transistor radio of olden days lol. I am sitting listening to mine like that as I type. Try it. Cheap to buy a $1.00 set of ear buds at the Dollar Store and just leave about six inches attached to the fitting that goes into the bottom of the phone. I did that for years on my Blackberry phones.

That's right. I have only tried using the radio ONCE in my old S7 Edge so I forgot that there is a setting to play the audio through the phones speaker.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Right! There is a setting at the top right that says "Output to speaker".
That's it! I think I may be using this radio feature a bit more that I have been reminded how it works. I don't need it in the car obviously but at home or work, it can be fun to have.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
thanks. yes. same here. I suppose cat three will show up shortly and I think after that I'm finished. interesting to go through the steps successfully, though. kinda cool.

I'm up to seven, but someone else posted that if you use the bits more cats will show up and yes I am losing interest already. If they would play or walk across the screen when you feed them or when it's time to feed them it might be a little more interesting.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm up to seven, but someone else posted that if you use the bits more cats will show up and yes I am losing interest already. If they would play or walk across the screen when you feed them or when it's time to feed them it might be a little more interesting.

That's right! They took the time to build this into the OS so why make it so simple? Add more to it so that it's actually a fun little game. Right now, it's got nothing to want me to keep getting more cats.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with both of you. there should be something besides the cats coming. I got a duplicate of one (yes, I'm still at it) but got a fourth that was unique. guess we'll see what 5 brings... will use bits next.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
if you collect all one thousand cats you win a Note 9 ....ok ..probably not..
...cat #986 is highest number I have seen so far but I only have 6, you can name them, remove them, and share them but that seem to be the only things so far, however..if you only get 2-3 new ones per day it will take a year if there really is 999 of them

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
While I don't mind the cast discussion here, it would be better to have it as a stand alone that so others can find it easier. Just a thought!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
While I don't mind the cast discussion here, it would be better to have it as a stand alone that so others can find it easier. Just a thought!

Was about to suggest the same, it's just a silly game but still a bit of fun to see what happens later in the game but it will clog up this thread, I'll start one now on

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
if you collect all one thousand cats you win a Note 9 ....ok ..probably not..
...cat #986 is highest number I have seen so far but I only have 6, you can name them, remove them, and share them but that seem to be the only things so far, however..if you only get 2-3 new ones per day it will take a year if there really is 999 of them
How do you remove them ? I'm not interested anymore, they are pretty boring cats!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How do you remove them ? I'm not interested anymore, they are pretty boring cats!

I just did this and it worked. Go to the about screen in settings. Tap on Android Version till the N appears. Tap that N about 6 times and then hold it till you get the forbidden sign. The cats are now gone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch