Help - cannot remove unidentifiable app

wahaha686

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Bought a dual sim unlocked Samsung Note 8 online (Model N950F/DS), the carrier should be M1 Wireless Singapore.

Don’t know how to remove this App. Googling the title yielded nothing. The App opens to a window that allows you to download Service Provider Apps. I've also tried to long press the App, but removing it is not an option.
6vs87RPl.jpgMs9avvjl.jpgrZHF2QOl.jpg

I’ve tried to follow a ADB tutorial to remove bloatware, but I cannot match title of the App in with anything in Package List or Settings > Apps, so I don't know how to proceed with ADB.

I don't want to root my device, and prefer uninstall over disable.

Long time iOS user, first Android device. Thanks in advice for any help.

Attachments

• 6vs87RPm.jpg
    6vs87RPm.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Ms9avvjm.jpg
    Ms9avvjm.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Bought a dual sim unlocked Samsung Note 8 online (Model N950F/DS), the carrier should be M1 Wireless Singapore.

Don’t know how to remove this App. Googling the title yielded nothing. The App opens to a window that allows you to download Service Provider Apps.
View attachment 269796View attachment 269797

I’ve tried to follow a ADB tutorial to remove bloatware, but I cannot match title of the App in with anything in Package List or Settings > Apps, so I don't know how to proceed with ADB.

I don't want to root my device, and prefer uninstall over disable.

Long time iOS user, first Android device. Thanks in advice for any help.

Some of those apps are found in the Play Store.. so that "app" you have circled appears to be a folder. What happens when you press & hold the app? Doesn't a smaller pop up window appear, giving you more options (such as delete?)

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Looks like an app by the service provider. Basically system installed bloatware since it includes SG govt apps. Looks like best thing you can do is just hide it.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
probably something that is needed to use that actual carrier and baked into the ROM in a way it can't be deleted by accident, just hide it

wahaha686

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I sort of solved the problem. For other people's knowledge, here is what I did:
1) purchased BK Disabler
2) disabled the following package
cxHrlBEl.jpg

The Wireless@SG app/folder disappeared. I have also tired to re-enable this package, but Wireless@SG app/folder didn't come back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87