Note 8 microphone works fine, it records messages and callers can hear me talking. My OK Google and text messaging app- Messenger Plus does not pick up my voice for voice to text. I have followed many threads trying to fix- from disabling S Voice, battery usage, etc.- no fix. Samsung tech walked through steps in trying to get to work, told me to reset phone because he could not find the problem. I did and still does not work. Bixby did not work either so I turned that off to make sure that it was not conflicting with Google. Very frustrated, love my phone but it is too new to have this kind of problem. Ready to pull my hair out!
    10-20-2017 03:59 PM
    Note 8 microphone works fine, it records messages and callers can hear me talking. My OK Google and text messaging app- Messenger Plus does not pick up my voice for voice to text. I have followed many threads trying to fix- from disabling S Voice, battery usage, etc.- no fix. Samsung tech walked through steps in trying to get to work, told me to reset phone because he could not find the problem. I did and still does not work. Bixby did not work either so I turned that off to make sure that it was not conflicting with Google. Very frustrated, love my phone but it is too new to have this kind of problem. Ready to pull my hair out!
    You wouldn't, perchance, be inadvertently connected via Bluetooth to something when you're trying to dictate from your phone, would you? Try turning Bluetooth off and try again.
    10-20-2017 08:18 PM
    having same problem. Bluetooth is not on.
    tried resetting. turning off etc, software is updated.
    . called tmobile today and rep said lots of complaints about issue.
    got phone in Nov, voice to text worked but would type wrong words. and also if I pause while using voice texting, text would capitalize first word after pause.

now for 2 days now , I get gray error box that says voice input not available try later. I did not change any settings before error msgs. $820 phone is brand new. getting ticked off. i had to type this whole msg.
    don't have time for this.
    01-04-2018 01:19 PM
    +18007267864 Samsung support.
    Will need IMEI #.
    , Also can go to Best Buy and use the Samsung kiosk if your local best buy has one.
    I have not gone in yet and I did not have my IMEI# when I called so my voice to text hasn't been fixed yet.
    01-04-2018 01:47 PM
    Okay here is a quick fix. I went to the Best Buy Samsung kiosk and they downloaded an app called Gboard. Works perfectly I am using it right now instead of typing. So the problem must be with the Samsung keyboard. So so happy.
    01-04-2018 02:05 PM