S pen took a walk S pen notification

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
My S Pen alarm does not work. What does a full reset involve? Do I have to re-enter everything such as passwords etc.? How do you do a reset please?

Don't do a full reset until you talk to your carrier.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171030-182909.jpg
    Screenshot_20171030-182909.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 16

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the alarm working but doesn't seem to now, I wonder if the Always on Display makes the phone think the screen is still on

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Idk about that. My alarm will go off with AOD on.

Agreed AOD shouldn't effect alarm and notification sounds
After S pen has been removed. Plus you have to be at least 20 feet away from phone and it must be for more than 5 minutes.
Test it again,
Leave S pen in one room, take phone with you, and walk about 20 to 30 feet away, stay away for 5 to 10 minutes until you hear alarm.
And are your volumes all up on full?

If it fails.
Call your carrier before full reset.
That's what fixed mine.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Agreed AOD shouldn't effect alarm and notification sounds
After S pen has been removed. Plus you have to be at least 20 feet away from phone and it must be for more than 5 minutes.
Test it again,
Leave S pen in one room, take phone with you, and walk about 20 to 30 feet away, stay away for 5 to 10 minutes until you hear alarm.
And are your volumes all up on full?

If it fails.
Call your carrier before full reset.
That's what fixed mine.
Yeah. Mine only takes about a minute to go off once I get so far away from phone.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I had the alarm working but doesn't seem to now, I wonder if the Always on Display makes the phone think the screen is still on

Turn off all S pen settings, then turn them back on again.
Restart your phone, then check it out.
Contact your carrier before full reset.
Make sure phone is backed up before you do.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sat phone down into wireless charger, and started preparing for going out tonight for dinner.
Removed phone to check messages, and placed phone on the couch. When I came back, I seen that my phone was on the floor. HOW did that happen, who knows? Without checking for anymore messages, I place my phone in my suit jacket and we left. In the car I put phone in Cars cell phone holder, and we went on out to our meeting place.

I checked messages again and then went to pull S pen out to write down a number from a couple we met at dinner.
Long a behold, no
S pen. Oh where, oh where has the little
S pen gone, oh where, oh where, can it be. No need to panic. I used my wife's and we continued which turned out to be a wonderful night.
Said our good bye's and to the car I went.
Looked everywhere in the car.
Returned to the garage and retraced steps back into the house. This led me to my man cave. Now, I know I didn't lose it there because the new wireless charger is by the couch. Dex is in the man cave now and I wasn't in the man cave all day.
However, I was by the couch when my phone was picked up off the floor.
Behold there lies the
S pen. It must have ejected itself under the couch after the short fall. It's a 1 in a million chance that the phone lands in such a way, that the S pen ejected just under the couch. Just the tip of the top was sticking out.
I was prepared to just order 2 new pens, just for safe keeping.

QUESTION,
Why didn't my phone after voice unlock show S pen was removed when I was at dinner?
Did Samsung miss something here?
If not mistaken, as soon as phone unlocked at dinner, it should of showed S pen mode.
Correct me if I missed something here.

My current fix, was to change to a louder notification, so that when the S pen is removed, or ejects itself after a fall, the sound is a much louder sound than the current one. I downloaded an mp3 file of a Light Saber powering on and off.
Also, ordered an extra pen anyway. What's a note without the S pen? An S8 plus? **lol
In settings, I found out, you can check when the last time
S PEN was removed.

Yes, I know it's a long post, but I'm just trying to help.
Stuff like this happens all the time.
Last week I dropped my phone and it slid about 8 feet, not a scratch on it.
Again, this could happen to anybody.
If there's another fix, please let me know.

Glad you found it. Saki had a YouTube video about something similar, but I was unable to find the setting for the last time I removed my spen. Where did you find it?

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. Mine only takes about a minute to go off once I get so far away from phone.

Nice.
Enjoy. Lol I'm nothing without my S pen. Rotl
My son seen that I had an extra pen in the old cave.
He thinks I'm still going to need it.
This note 8 is the best, I'm sorry, no disrespect to any other manufacturers. But Samsung just killed it with this phone.

Last edited:

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Glad you found it. Saki had a YouTube video about something similar, but I was unable to find the setting for the last time I removed my spen. Where did you find it?

Jimmy is Promo,
YouTube.
Custom SPEN SOUNDS.
the video explains it better.

It's worth it also.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Nice.
Enjoy. Lol I'm nothing without my S pen. Rotl
My son seen that I had an extra pen in the old cave.
He thinks I'm still going to need it.
This note 8 is the best, I'm sorry, no disrespect to any other manufacturers. But Samsung just killed it with this phone.

Yes Samsung did. I love my note8. Glad they chose to keep the note line. It's great to have an extra spen around. I remember having to replace my spen for my note 5. I still got a note7 blue coral spen that works with note8.