NO text vibration while on a call....?

Dodgeman3

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
So I usually leave my phone on vibrate all the time. However I have noticed when on a call and a text comes in the vibrate won’t work to notify me of a new text message.

However with sound on, I will get a small sound audible but I prefer to use vibrate.

Anyway to get the text vibration alert while on a call?

Dodgeman3

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Go to the phone app, settings (the three dots), scroll down to "call alerts" and take it from there.

Yeah, that doesn't work for vibrations. Did you try it?
If I have the volume on and I am on a call yes I get an audible alert.

If I am on a phone call and the phone is on vibrate then I get no alert that I received a text message....

What could I be missing??

Dodgeman3

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
I am getting all my alerts. Only difference is when I am on a call and have everything set to vibrate I get no text alerts . Try it for yourself....

Dodgeman3

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Anyone have any answers on this?
I'd like to keep my Note 8 on vibrate and still get notified I have a text message when on a phone call....

Dodgeman3

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Yup, I found that an enabled it but once again when on a call and I get a text it doesn't virbate....
So either A) it doesn't do it or B) there's another setting somewhere.

Dodgeman3

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Try there

That only seems to work if I have the sound on which that does work and it is very quiet and I wish I could increase it a bit but that works with sound on. Only thing there's no sound or vibration when vibrate is set.
Don't get me wrong all my alerts come through when on vibrate I just don't know i have a text until I hang up the call.

(Side question, what's the difference between turning up the in call volume vs. Just adjusting the volume with the side volume controls??)

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly I noticed this yesterday. I was in a call and my connected watch kept vibrating alerting me of messages coming in but my phone made no indication to me at all. If it hadn't been for my watch I would not have known. I don't remember this being a problem I've ever noticed before. Interestingly I do seem to remember a recent phone app update so not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Dodgeman3

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Interestingly I noticed this yesterday. I was in a call and my connected watch kept vibrating alerting me of messages coming in but my phone made no indication to me at all. If it hadn't been for my watch I would not have known. I don't remember this being a problem I've ever noticed before. Interestingly I do seem to remember a recent phone app update so not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Exactly! I actually had that feature turned off on my watch because I figure If I'm using the phone then why have the watch notify me. With that being said if I keep everything on vibrate then I'll need to enable the watch to alert me simply if I'm on a phone call...

All I want is the option to have the thing virbate. Even when I turn the ringer on and get a text why I'm on a call the sound is very quiet which would be easy to miss....

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
(Side question, what's the difference between turning up the in call volume vs. Just adjusting the volume with the side volume controls??)
If you mean this, it increases the max volume if the max from the volume button isn't enough.
6d6869831b26d1d8df59ed69bd078d26.jpg

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that is how it works on my phone as well. If sounds set to vibrate only and a text comes in during a phone call, no sound notification for the text during the call but other notifications do sound, since I have it set up that way. I could have sworn my N4 made a sound for texts when on a call with sounds set to vibrate.

Dodgeman3

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
I can confirm that is how it works on my phone as well. If sounds set to vibrate only and a text comes in during a phone call, no sound notification for the text during the call but other notifications do sound, since I have it set up that way. I could have sworn my N4 made a sound for texts when on a call with sounds set to vibrate.

Yeah this is odd. You should still get alerted some how...