Almost lost SPen.. Mini freak out

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was on my friend's patio watching a meteor shower and decided to try to take a long exposure night photo. As I was stepping off the patio onto the lawn while changing camera settings my note slipped out of my hands and bounced off the edge of the deck and into the grass a foot below. Phone was fine, just a little wet. I proceeded to get a couple shots of the stars, went inside and finally heard the SPen warning alarm. I then remembered that I had dropped my phone. So with the flashlight I searched all over but was sure that I would either not find it or find it stepped on and broken. My friend saw me and mentioned that she heard something off in a different direction when I dropped it and found it in the grass nowhere near I was looking for it.

20171213_223209.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was on my friend's patio watching a meteor shower and decided to try to take a long exposure night photo. As I was stepping off the patio onto the lawn while changing camera settings my note slipped out of my hands and bounced off the edge of the deck and into the grass a foot below. Phone was fine, just a little wet. I proceeded to get a couple shots of the stars, went inside and finally heard the SPen warning alarm. I then remembered that I had dropped my phone. So with the flashlight I searched all over but was sure that I would either not find it or find it stepped on and broken. My friend saw me and mentioned that she heard something off in a different direction when I dropped it and found it in the grass nowhere near I was looking for it.

View attachment 275757
That s pen warning has saved me sanity a couple of times too

anon(10212606)

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Happened to me last week, was in a small bar having a drink and dropped my Note8 ( about 1/2 meter) on to a wood floor. Phone was ok. Left about 30 mins later. Its only when I was about 2km from the bar I got a warning on my screen that my s'pen was detached. After searching for 15 mins I eventually phoned the bar I was at and luckily the bar owner had found the S'pen.
Was really relieved but not impressed I didn't get a warning from the phone straight away.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Happened to me last week, was in a small bar having a drink and dropped my Note8 ( about 1/2 meter) on to a wood floor. Phone was ok. Left about 30 mins later. Its only when I was about 2km from the bar I got a warning on my screen that my s'pen was detached. After searching for 15 mins I eventually phoned the bar I was at and luckily the bar owner had found the S'pen.
Was really relieved but not impressed I didn't get a warning from the phone straight away.
I haven't checked but I wonder if there's a setting that you can do that makes it alert you sooner ? I know the pen has to be a certain distance from the phone

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
yea for me I had taken several long exposure photos, hung out and then gone inside, ate some snacks and then only when I went to the bathroom on the other side of the house did I get the alarm. The SPen landed under a chair on the soggy wet grass. so luckily no one stepped on it. Also, there's a fire pit near there it could have ended up in too. Luckily, no fire that night.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't checked but I wonder if there's a setting that you can do that makes it alert you sooner ? I know the pen has to be a certain distance from the phone
...yeah, but 2km - really Samsung? If I recall, the Note 7 was almost immediate - if you walked 10 feet away from the S-Pen, that alarm would go off. It's been a while but that's what I remember!

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, the alarm for the S-pen is such a let down on the Note 8. My wife has almost lost hers several times, it seems her S-pen just pops out at will.

anon(9947084)

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
In the 2 months I've owned my N8, I have caught the spen sticking out a little bit about a dozen times.
I agree that the spen alarm is inconsistent. I've purposely separated the two and it has had varied results.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
glad you found it. it seems to be a springy little devil when the N8 is dropped. built future sales for Samsung.

I had to step in and defend you in another post. Regarding MS Launcher vs Twiz. I've read many of your post and you've always given advice and been pretty fair.
I prefer twiz to the others simply because I think the other Launchers contribute to the Lag problem over a period of time and didn't want them messing up my note 8. Check it out. I just gave my opinion and they were trying to ride on you. I didn't think it was fair. No need to go after anyone, just look at the post. I just gave my opinion and it wasn't aloud, they wanted you to explain. I said maybe you just liked Twiz is all. Calling you a fanboy, which isn't fair because I said, give Toenail Flicker a change to respond.
But you don't have to, I took care of it. I think a lot of people don't have Samsung phones, just like to hate on them because they're the best.

Happy Holidays. Check it out though.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

View attachment 275757

Download Note Buddy Apk file.
One of the YouTube guys will show you. Jimmy is Promo
Go to his channel.

Really good directions.
It will give you a louder sound when S pen is ejected.

Hope it helps.

BB_PP

May 29, 2017
Visit site

View attachment 275757

Pen should be on the top side of the phone!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
On every note that I've had including my note 8, it's been pretty consistent that when you drop a note the spen often times ejects. Sometimes not even all the way, so it may fall out later because you don't realize it's not locked in. One time when I had a note 5 the spen cracked when it came out of the silo during a drop. Would be nice if they had a better hook to keep the spen in and safe. But then again it would be great if we didn't drop our notes lol. Glad you found your spen and in good working order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez