Get the Note 8 or wait for the Note 9?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If money is the problem, then wait till you can afford the latest and greatest, even if it is the Note 15. But one suggestion is sell the Note 4 and at least buy the Note 5. It's a lot faster than the 4. I went from the Edge to the note 7, they recalled the 7 so I went back to the Edge, couldn't stand the the Edge anymore. So I got a good deal on the 5 ($125) and used it. If Samsung didn't offer me $450 off the price of the 8, I would still be on the 5
This is horrible advice. The Note 4 is SO much better than the 5. You're better off getting a new battery for the 4 and hard resetting to start from scratch than to reduce your features with the 5. Even better, root the 4 and put a speed demon custom ROM on it. If you do the latter you'll be set until the 9 drops.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
or even better than Note 4, get a note 3 and flash the Phronesis note 7 ROM on it and get Nova Prime Launcher as well, just did this to a friends old phone and he is now using that instead of his S7 because it's way better

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 4 right now and it's working well enough that I'm debating whether I should wait for the Note 9 or just get the Note 8 and sell it when the 9 comes out. What should I do?
I say, get the Note8 and then sell it for Note9 later this year.

I will definitely be getting the Note9, that's for sure, but currently loving the beast that is the Note8. IMO, nothing out right now rivals the Note8.

What you can also do is just keep the Note8 as your back up when you get the Note9, that's what I will be doing.

My Note 4 is currently my back up to my Note8, as I will be giving my S7 Edge to a family member.

elgrandejuan

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
if you use anything other than the stock keyboard you need to try one out in store. I use G board. There is a keyboard switcher soft key in the nav bar. I can't type a text without getting into this keyboard switcher key. it's driving me insane. if I could have my note 5 back I would in a heartbeat. hopefully Samsung deals with this in the Oreo update.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Note 4 is overall a better device than the 5. I mean for what it offers though. It has IR blaster, removable battery.

If I designed a phone it would probably cost about $2,000. It would have 512gb onboard storage, IP68, removable battery, IR blaster, 8gb ram, 4k, stereo speakers.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
"I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me. He's just a poor boy from a poor family. Spare him his life from this monstrosity." What I'm getting at is that lack of funds is a small issue right now. I'm gonna try to wait. Not going to be easy though.

Can you or do you have interest in financing the new phone through your carrier?

If the Note 4 is working well, may be keep it awhile longer. NOTE 8 price should go down some in time.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I say, get the Note8 and then sell it for Note9 later this year.

I will definitely be getting the Note9, that's for sure, but currently loving the beast that is the Note8. IMO, nothing out right now rivals the Note8.

What you can also do is just keep the Note8 as your back up when you get the Note9, that's what I will be doing.

My Note 4 is currently my back up to my Note8, as I will be giving my S7 Edge to a family member.

When I got the Note 8, gave my son my S8+ and he's really enjoying it.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you or do you have interest in financing the new phone through your carrier?

If the Note 4 is working well, may be keep it awhile longer. NOTE 8 price should go down some in time.

Financing through Amazon is $190/month for 5 months. That I could probably work. The whole amount at once, no.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 4 right now and it's working well enough that I'm debating whether I should wait for the Note 9 or just get the Note 8 and sell it when the 9 comes out. What should I do?

Buy the 8, skip the 9. Samsung is planning something special for the 10 (X)

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Always one *** in every crowd. I just started a new job and money is slowly rolling in. I could make this work now, but waiting until later this year will guarantee I can get the 9.
I wasn't trying to be an ***... I was just saying, you ask a question, get a bunch of people to give you their opinions and then tell them that you can't afford to do it anyway. Does that make sense to you?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't trying to be an ***... I was just saying, you ask a question, get a bunch of people to give you their opinions and then tell them that you can't afford to do it anyway. Does that make sense to you?

I guess I already made my mind up for the most part before I asked. I was planning on waiting for the 9. I could theoretically make it work, but only theoretically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa