Ideapad 320 vs Note 8

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty tech savvy but I haven't compared my phone with a laptop. Had my laptop at Starbucks on their Wi-Fi. Took ions to get connected to the Wi-Fi then to get into anything-loading email , web pages etc. When connected at home it was kind of slow but not like this. I put my Note 8 on the same Wi-Fi only and went for he same email and sites etc. It's probably 8,000,000 times faster. Very snappy quick no lag . I didn't think there'd be that kind of difference. I should get rid of the laptop and get the Dex for my Note 8.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends entirely on what you propose on doing with your devices.

However note that phones are detected by the servers who send compressed. Images and mobile sites, which load faster because it uses less bandwidth. Laptops load full websites.

Also we have to consider which exact Ideapad 320 we are talking about. An older version will probably have older receivers hence slower connections.

andytiedye

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
note that phones are detected by the servers who send compressed. Images and mobile sites, which load faster because it uses less bandwidth. Laptops load full websites.

You can check "Request Desktop site" to get the full site on a phone or tablet.
Some browsers, e.g. Opera, can be set to do so by default.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can check "Request Desktop site" to get the full site on a phone or tablet.
Some browsers, e.g. Opera, can be set to do so by default.
Except that doesn't seem what the OP is saying.

Without that extra step, phones will load the faster mobile version.

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
If I had a 7 inch pad with a phone number and stylus I would be tempted to give up the Note 8 and imigrate. I would then use Bluetooth, as well as, my Frontier to answer calls and make notes contemporaneously.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If I had a 7 inch pad with a phone number and stylus I would be tempted to give up the Note 8 and imigrate. I would then use Bluetooth, as well as, my Frontier to answer calls and make notes contemporaneously.
Galaxy Tab A with S Pen. 8 inches, S Pen, if you get the Asian version, you get full phone connectivity (sms, calls, just install a SIM).

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I should get rid of the laptop and get the Dex for my Note 8.
They're pretty cheap now compared to the launch price and lots of second hand ones as a lot of people just don't use them.

I don't really use mine much, only for the charging dock part but I have used it a half dozen times or so and it can be pretty useful. ☺

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Tab A with S Pen. 8 inches, S Pen, if you get the Asian version, you get full phone connectivity (sms, calls, just install a SIM).

That's the rub. Variations are plentiful in Asia but I live in California and am enslaved by Verizon.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Depends entirely on what you propose on doing with your devices.

However note that phones are detected by the servers who send compressed. Images and mobile sites, which load faster because it uses less bandwidth. Laptops load full websites.

Also we have to consider which exact Ideapad 320 we are talking about. An older version will probably have older receivers hence slower connections.
I got the Ideapad 320 as an open box sale at Best Buy just a few weeks ago - past the return policy. I originally had a nice Samsung Tab S3 , should've kept it.

I love my Note 8 but sometimes would like the larger screen. I was drawn to the laptop because there's this game Wgt Golf that the full version only plays on desktop/laptop setups. Any tablet or phone has a very lightened version without a lot of variety.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana