Recent Oreo Update has turned my Sprint Note 8 to crap

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I am beyond frustrated.
My Note 8 was working perfectly fine until the update
Now I experience extreme delayed notifications in regards to outlook emails and text.
My phone will literally randomly go crazy finally alerting me of notifications all at the same time. I have my work email linked to my phone. I missed an important email notification this past Friday. It wasn't until I woke up the phone that I noticed an email was sent to me 15 minutes ago.
I drive a 2016 Chevy Equinox and had no Bluetooth issues until the update. Now my Bluetooth will not successfully auto connect anymore. It will say its connected but no music plays even though it shows it playing on the phone. I have to manually disconnect and reconnect for it to work.
Also when I receive calls answering my phone I hear no one talking to me even though the caller can her me. Happens all the time now in which I have to hang u and call them back.
I have rebooted my phone to avail and also ran the phone maintenance to no avail even though it says my phone performance is fine.
Damn this update
If it aint broke don't fix it. This is BS

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Your next day off, find a comfortable chair and do the fun FDR, and hope that fixes your issues. The good thing though according to a lot of people, your the minority, most have zero issues. Sucks to be in the minority, don't it. I had to do the FDR myself, so far no issues, but it's only been a week. Good luck

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I am beyond frustrated.
My Note 8 was working perfectly fine until the update
Now I experience extreme delayed notifications in regards to outlook emails and text.
My phone will literally randomly go crazy finally alerting me of notifications all at the same time. I have my work email linked to my phone. I missed an important email notification this past Friday. It wasn't until I woke up the phone that I noticed an email was sent to me 15 minutes ago.
I drive a 2016 Chevy Equinox and had no Bluetooth issues until the update. Now my Bluetooth will not successfully auto connect anymore. It will say its connected but no music plays even though it shows it playing on the phone. I have to manually disconnect and reconnect for it to work.
Also when I receive calls answering my phone I hear no one talking to me even though the caller can her me. Happens all the time now in which I have to hang u and call them back.
I have rebooted my phone to avail and also ran the phone maintenance to no avail even though it says my phone performance is fine.
Damn this update
If it aint broke don't fix it. This is BS
Do a hard reset. Try the Bluetooth. Does it work? Install an app. Does the Bluetooth still work? Rinse and repeat.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Ran a hard factory reset last night
And just now my Note 8 just alerted me of a text message sent to me over an hour ago.
Pissed

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Ran a hard factory reset last night
And just now my Note 8 just alerted me of a text message sent to me over an hour ago.
Pissed
Do you still have Bluetooth issues after the hard reset? If so, the issue might have been the item you were trying to connect TO with the phone, so try it with something else over Bluetooth. Either way, FIRST, is the Bluetooth issue gone? And with regards to the notifications - are they ALL delayed?

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Not a network issue I am at home on wifi
My phone have been lagging overall in regards to any notifications whether it be my outlook emails, text, facebook or whatever. The phone literally goes to sleep when idle and will either randomly wake up going crazy with multiple notifications at the same time or it will do that when I wake it up.
I haven't tested the bluetooth yet since the reset. 1 phone call and that worked.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
My phone have been lagging overall in regards to any notifications whether it be my outlook emails, text, facebook or whatever. The phone literally goes to sleep when idle and will either randomly wake up going crazy with multiple notifications at the same time or it will do that when I wake it up.
I haven't tested the bluetooth yet since the reset. 1 phone call and that worked.
Text notifications would still come over your phone carriers network while you use wifi, no? In any event if you still have those issues I would say it's a hardware issue...

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
But txt doesn't use WiFi, it uses the phone network.
Anyway, seems like you have some issues there. Maybe get over to your carrier and have it addressed. Yours is not typical of Oreo. Best of luck.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Double check your do not disturb settings. Turn them in and off a couple of times and reset them to a schedule and reboot, then get rid if the schedule etc... Maybe that will help, there could be a hiccup there - ?

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
True, but that means it could be for all devices having an issue. My wife has not had one issue with the oreo update on her N8. Me I got bugs all over the place in mine.
My carrier is Verizon and I have the 256GB Samsung card in it. Tons of software installed and working great. It could be related to carrier software (baked into the firmware) that was not thoroughly tested. What carriers do you and your wife have? Differences in software installed?