new battery or is it?

Matthew Stegman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I got a new battery put in my note 9 today and there's an app I am using from the play store that says I already have 530 discharge cycles on the battery? Does anyone have any explanation on this?

DoctorWizard

Sep 7, 2019
Visit site
My Note 9 has battery cancer, I don't expect it to last much longer. Did you change the battery yourself or have it done? What did it cost?
I'm handy with electronics and often fix stuff myself, but I checked iFixIt regarding a battery swap on the Note 9, and they rated the difficulty as "medium", but when I actually started reading the instructions, there appears to be a lot of glue involved and heat guns and spudgers and... well it looked a lot more difficult than "medium" to me!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Note 9 has battery cancer, I don't expect it to last much longer. Did you change the battery yourself or have it done? What did it cost?
I'm handy with electronics and often fix stuff myself, but I checked iFixIt regarding a battery swap on the Note 9, and they rated the difficulty as "medium", but when I actually started reading the instructions, there appears to be a lot of glue involved and heat guns and spudgers and... well it looked a lot more difficult than "medium" to me!
I would get a quote on battery replacement from ubreakifix as they certified Samsung repair center, it might be difficult if you dont have experience and can risk cracking the back glass .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo