Samsung: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered another one, 512 GB unlocked for delivery on or before 8/24. Thanos edition. Now to see which one I accept delivery of. The blue 128 GB or the 512 GB purple. Hum...

Ziltaris

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
AT&T preorder hasn't changed since it opened. Mine still shows in progess. As far as I know, no one that ordered through AT&T has gotten any updates. My account hasn't even been charged yet.

I ordered though Samsung... but used AT&T Next to finance it. Apparently you can do that now as long as your approved by AT&T.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Still everything the same for me. Bank as of this evening still not charged for it. Since most of us can't cancel they should start shipping out late Sun night. I think most get it on Wed imo.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung waited a week and then told me there was a problem processing the credit card. Even though I have a confirmation, an invoice, and it was pre-authorized on the card for several days. They told me I had to cancel and reorder. The reorder stated at purchase time that it would ship at the end of September. Not pleased.

Ssusers

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
Samsung waited a week and then told me there was a problem processing the credit card. Even though I have a confirmation, an invoice, and it was pre-authorized on the card for several days. They told me I had to cancel and reorder. The reorder stated at purchase time that it would ship at the end of September. Not pleased.

Did the pre-auth still on or it fell off the
card already ?

When Samsung told you there was a problem , did cancel button still there or gone ?

Ssusers

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
Pre-auth was gone already. Cancel button was on the order.

I got that problem before , not with Samsung. When pre-auth fell off, and then it completely final charge to ship , the bank card declined the charge. I know its sound not right since pre-auth was done, but bank system suck sometimes.

And when did you receive the email said there was problem with card ?

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
If you've seen my earlier posts today you know I was pretty fuming with the "backorder" status on my 512gb blue TMobile preorder placed on 8/9. When I called Samsung directly tonight, I was told by a supervisor that its still set to be shipped Tuesday or Wednesday to arrive by Friday 8/24, and that the status of "backordered" is just temporary until the warehouse ships it. I questioned him repeatedly and he was fully confident that it would ship early this coming week to arrive on time as promised. Only time will tell I guess...

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Check out the shipping date now on the 512GB if you were to preorder today. Don’t think Samsung made enough thinking people weren’t going to shell out $1250. Glad I preordered within the first hour and was promised a by Aug 24th date.

Attachments

• 0866FAD6-D3B6-41EF-80BF-13CB6A1EA4B8.jpg
    0866FAD6-D3B6-41EF-80BF-13CB6A1EA4B8.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 72

Ziltaris

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Check out the shipping date now on the 512GB if you were to preorder today. Don’t think Samsung made enough thinking people weren’t going to shell out $1250. Glad I preordered within the first hour and was promised a by Aug 24th date.

Don't see how it can be called a preorder if you get it over a month after release.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't see how it can be called a preorder if you get it over a month after release.
Pre-order simply means you pre ordered it before for release. It's not a guarantee to get it before release. Samsung wants their money so they're not going to stop people from ordering, but in their defense they are being transparent with expectations for ones that are ordering late. If you're ordering the 512gb in blue at this point you should know you won't get it by release day. Sucks but can't blame the carriers or manufacturer because they're letting you know up front that it won't be available by release day.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately it shows backordered online for me too. I'm only extra irritated because I went thru the reservation process and pre-ordered on the 9th while people ordered days later thru their carrier and will be getting theirs way earlier it appears. Just seems like terrible serviceView attachment 288217
Update** Still says backordered thru the shop Samsung app, but it no longer says backordered online, and the cancel order button is gone too. So the left arm isn't talking to the right arm lol. Perhaps this really is all a glitch and all who ordered via the reservation/early preorder window will be good after all?? Just seeing the word "backordered" disappear is a relief and a positive sign hopefully Screenshot_20180819-071920_Chrome.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38