BestBuy: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

meatlocker

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Bleh I’ll probably just go ahead and cancel my order. Wait till this **** is worked out and just pick it from a carrier some other time.

Careful doing this. The moment you placed your pre-order and it was authorized through the carrier for upgrade, your 'upgrade' was used up. Cancelling your pre-order does not instantly re-authorize your upgrade when you use a third party like BB. I speak from experience. It took a week and many, many phone calls by me last year with a botched Note 8 pre-order through BB.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Careful doing this. The moment you placed your pre-order and it was authorized through the carrier for upgrade, your 'upgrade' was used up. Cancelling your pre-order does not instantly re-authorize your upgrade when you use a third party like BB. I speak from experience. It took a week and many, many phone calls by me last year with a botched Note 8 pre-order through BB.
Sadly, this be correct. Seems almost like punishment from carriers for not getting from them.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Just got notification by text my phone shipped and will arrive tomorrow at my house by 3pm. Yay! 512gb blue At&T

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well damn... I just talked to my local att store too and they confirmed they have 512s in stock. I’m such a dope for going through BB.
Guess it depends how many ordered where you are and their allocation. My local BBs state they have half the phones to cover 512 preorders. Basically anybody ordered more than two days later from launch, be prepared to probably be disappointed.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a pick up appt with BB in the store on Friday 10am. They said they were in, but not allowed to release them yet. No big deal.

The 512's is an example of market data and passion not meshing. More than likely they annalized the data on the usage patterns of people and some polling data and estimated the 512 market based on need.

However, they did not take into account the "I just have to have it crowd" who really don't need 512, but just want to have for whatever physological reason. Thus more than likely 20-30% of the pre-orders were 512 units that the owner likely won't need.

The good news... there would be 20-30% more 128 units that were ready for pre-order, but weren't because of the people running to the 512 "just because". Lots of supply for those of us who "settled" for 128.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Not so sure it's the gotta have its as much as it could be folks tired of chasing. This would be my two year device instead of the yearly thing. Storage is more than enough instead of my 64gb that is not. 256gb would have been fine though for tunes, apps and rest of media and game roms on sd card.

Last edited:

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Not so sure it's the gotta have its as much as it could be folks tired of chasing. This would be my two year device instead of the yearly thing. Storage is more than enough instead of my 64gb that is not. 256gb would have been fine though for tunes, apps and rest of media and game roms on sd card.

Same here. This will be my last devices for a couple of years. I’m done hopping phones.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you did it in store, it depends on how many people before you ordered that phone at that particular store compared to how many units that store will actually receive.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Got a call from bestbuy today. My unlocked 128gb blue is waiting for me to pick up tomorrow. 10:30 AM ct is my pickup time. See folks, all that stress was for nothing. I advised all of you to Relax

llmickey

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I agree, shouldn't take a pee - order you can't fill. Now others will be enjoying their phone while we're all dreaming. Complete bull crap and do you think samsung will do anything special for us? Hell NO, gonna get screwed again just like the Note 7. Maybe I should look at a different phone line with good customer service. Hell the iPhone you can trade in annually when the new phone comes out, why can't Samsung be that cool? IPhone users don't wait on phones that are promised yet never arrive on time. Come on samsung wake the hell up!

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Mines a 512gb and its coming in tomorrow.....now that is if UPS actually picks it up.

EDit: They just picked it up. :)

Attachments

• bbship.JPG
    bbship.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 42

kitty9192

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just came back from Best Buy and preordered a 128gb Purple and was told I can pick it up tomorrow. 128gb Blue is also available for pickup tomorrow but 512gb Purple has pickup date of 8/31 and Blue no ETA. Also, I’m trading in 3 phones and was told I can only take advantage of the 450 trade in credit only once even if the other devices qualify as well. I can still trade in the other phones but it’ll be at current trade in value.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38