wireless android auto

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
yes I have the Kenwood 9905s which supports wireless android auto. just wasn't sure if the phone was compatible I can't find a definitive answer thru Google

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know that. Might not be on the 9 just yet, but I am interested in that feature myself. Hope you figure it out.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
unfortunately it's not compatible yet. and who knows when we will see android P which is probably going to be our best bet for seeing it haha

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
to be clear I'm not talking about android auto working on your phone thru Bluetooth. I'm talking about your cars radio be able to display android auto without having the USB cable.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
to be clear I'm not talking about android auto working on your phone thru Bluetooth. I'm talking about your cars radio be able to display android auto without having the USB cable.
If not through Bluetooth nor wire then how do head unit & phone connect for Android Auto?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
it's actually done thru WiFi not Bluetooth from the research I've done.
Looks like you are correct. And I don't think any oem car units even support it yet. Kenwood is said to have some compatible equipment. Looks like it's not going to do anything for me and my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Disappointing.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
yea I have the kenwood 9905s. it's capable. pretty annoying honestly. 1300$ phone shouldn't be limited by software haha

vonGreezly

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
yea I have the kenwood 9905s. it's capable. pretty annoying honestly. 1300$ phone shouldn't be limited by software haha

Sorry to pull this from the depths, but yeah, I believe this feature is currently ONLY available on Pixel devices... =\ Kind of a bummer, as that's one of the reasons I bought my head unit for, but google seems to be locking it down for their flagship devices only for now...

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Not to beat the dead horse. But now that the official Pie is rolling out. has anyone got wireless android auto to work successfully.

To be clear I don't mean have it launch on your phone. I mean does it connect to your head unit and your head unit display without having to plug it in. preferably looking for someone who has a Kenwood DDX-9905s head unit.