Text Message Pictures Unable/Disappearing Days After Receiving

Jeffrey Middlekauff

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
I am able to view the pictures when I receive them. However, days/hours after certain pictures are unable to view again and I am not able to download them when I click on the picture.20181009_102523.jpg

Mustangjayyyme

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I am able to view the pictures when I receive them. However, days/hours after certain pictures are unable to view again and I am not able to download them when I click on the picture.View attachment 291903

I'm having the same issues... My texts will also disappear too then reappear. This is terrible and annoying as hell. The photos I get sent I can't even retrieve them after the first initial time I received them. It also seems to be doing the same crap with photos I sent they're stuck in saying they're 0.00/12 kb or whatever like they're trying to send again

Aura1

Sep 13, 2018
Visit site
;) The texting app (sms) can't "hold" pics . . . as soon as you receive a pic via text msg, save the pic as soon as you receive it. Also, you have to have Data On (not WiFi only) to receive an image via text msg.

See if that works

Jeffrey Middlekauff

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
Well I can view them when I first receive them. However, if a week later I try to go back some disappear like this. Unless I save the attachment when I view it the first time I have no problem going into my gallery and viewing it.

Bridget brown

Nov 26, 2018
Visit site
Same thing happening to me on my new note 9. I see the pics when they come in, but when I look them up in my text messages they are grayed out.

Any solutions? At&t also

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would use Textra until this issue gets fixed. With Textra your can set it up to automatically save your pictures to the gallery.

Another suggestions, some texting apps have a auto delete feature, check to see if the one you're using has that feature and if it is turned on. Just an idea

Mjgo

Dec 9, 2018
Visit site
I'm an att customer myself, experiencing the same problem. I found that if I turned off "Advanced Messaging" I am able to go back into the message app, select the grayed out picture, and it populates. So it would appear this is all a glitch in advanced messaging.