Ghost notifications

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,
Anyone having trouble with ghost notifications? I keep seeing a notification for the Walgreens app pop up and quickly disappear. It doesn't vibrate my phone or anything, the icon just keeps popping up. I tried wiping the Walgreens app data and cache didnt help. Changed notification settings for it, didn't help. I wiped data partition and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Any other suggestions other than factory reset?

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,
Anyone having trouble with ghost notifications? I keep seeing a notification for the Walgreens app pop up and quickly disappear. It doesn't vibrate my phone or anything, the icon just keeps popping up. I tried wiping the Walgreens app data and cache didnt help. Changed notification settings for it, didn't help. I wiped data partition and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Any other suggestions other than factory reset?

It sounds like the walgreens app is the issue, not your phone. So wiping phone etc won't help.

I say that cos you haven't mentioned having the problem with any other app.

So, perhaps uninstall the walgreens app, and also see if they are having issues with their app, perhaps a community page 🤔

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
My Kohl's app I keep getting a message telling me that it's stopped responding. I get it every couple of days. It just pops up on the screen with the message. But that finicky Kohl's app worked fine in the store the other day sort of LOL

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My Kohl's app I keep getting a message telling me that it's stopped responding. I get it every couple of days. It just pops up on the screen with the message. But that finicky Kohl's app worked fine in the store the other day sort of LOL
From history, I know that the Kohls app is a huge battery drain. It keeps running and running. If I ever use it, I make it a point to force close it when I'm done.

HippieChickCatMama

Jan 30, 2022
Visit site
Re: Ghost notifications Walgreens

I try the Walgreens app here and there, as the app and website have some different functions. I have a Samsung A20 3.1 Update 11. It is with this phone that I started to see the red W over top. It disappears fast. I went into Android settings for the app - notification types, There's 2 types - Regular Walgreens & the 2nd, "RN-Push- notification channel" I clicked on RN-Push, set it to alert, not silent. Now my phone flashes the light and makes a tiny "beep". If I'm on the screen, I get a fast drop down notification every time saying "Walgreens is Running" It's really often! If you get them, you can look in your notification history to see how often they are coming. "Flashlight On" and "Walgreens is Running" just keeps happening. I decided to use the Web, and only grab the app if needed. I'm thinking "Well, Walgreens, you're using up my resources!" I keep everything going on that I can do to lessen battery use. It's definitely the Walgreens App having the issue - not our phones. The glitches are crazy. I'll order to pick up, shows in stock, and I *never* receive all my items. Even when I specify to please substitute! Yeah, that happened yesterday. So, stick to the website - it's SLOW, always has been, it's never improved after decades! Be patient, you do get better deals, sales, bogos, discounts and even promo codes when shopping online, that you can't walk in a store and get. Great deals, problem is, actually receiving a full order hasn't happened yet. So yes, many quirks, glitches, sure. Hope they get better at showing what's really in stock. Uninstall the app. Who knows, it could be spying in on us every 10 minutes! Peace & Love
💜💫☮️💫💜💫☮️💫💜💫☮️💫💜

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-143025_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220130-143025_Settings.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220130-143041_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220130-143041_Settings.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members