Android Pie

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone actually downloaded a beta version of pie? I'm very curious. When I had my pixel 2xl i installed the beta version and i really liked it. I'm itching to see how it fares on this device.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to stop the update to Pie, because I hate those blue, bubble quick settings icons and don't see enough pros to deal with them.
Without Root and Titanium Backup I may be sunk.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to stop the update to Pie, because I hate those blue, bubble quick settings icons and don't see enough pros to deal with them.
Without Root and Titanium Backup I may be sunk.

Can't you just set your phone to only check for updates manually... and then never check?

Of course that would mean forgoing security updates as well.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've been itching to give it a try and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Now that we're hopefully only a month away from the release I think I'll just wait. I really hoping that Samsung will open a beta program to us soon.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been itching to give it a try and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Now that we're hopefully only a month away from the release I think I'll just wait. I really hoping that Samsung will open a beta program to us soon.

Rumors are by the time s9 gets 2nd beta build the note 9 could be in beta but those are rumors.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I install the beta will I have to roll back to Oreo to get the official version? I'm assuming yes and that's why I'm waiting since I hoping we're that close.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If I install the beta will I have to roll back to Oreo to get the official version? I'm assuming yes and that's why I'm waiting since I hoping we're that close.

Yes , I was on the leak beta on my s9 and it didn't let me register for beta so had to downgrade to oreo then update the Samsung+ app and got the notification

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
it was in alpha now the beta has been released on their server. I just installed it last night. the only real problem im having is it keeps disabling the night mode on its own. but I haven't played with settings to much

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
it was in alpha now the beta has been released on their server. I just installed it last night. the only real problem im having is it keeps disabling the night mode on its own. but I haven't played with settings to much

The problem I encountered was sometimes freezes and phone would vibrate randomly

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The problem I encountered was sometimes freezes and phone would vibrate randomly
Still looks like some user at XDA are reporting some freezing but not to often. Others are saying videos seems to break and not work after hours of flashing. I do understand it will never work 100% in beta just trying to figure out if it's close enough for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Still looks like some user at XDA are reporting some freezing but not to often. Others are saying videos seems to break and not work after hours of flashing. I do understand it will never work 100% in beta just trying to figure out if it's close enough for me.

I wait it out for now, you can go to the beta anytime but wait see if note9 does officially go to beta.