Verizon- pie update?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is so freaking confusing to me. I’m unlocked but I’m stuck waiting on Verison! True carrier models that are Verizon only can do this. No justice!!!

Oh well sometimes being unlocked just doesn’t pay :)

I can’t find a beta anywhere that I can get in any suggestions or do I just bite the bullet and wait for Verizon?

Yeah it sucks for major OS updates because the 4 carriers have to pass it works on its network then Samsung pushes it to the unlocked models .
As soon as it gets it I'll go back to un locked model ...the only way you can get pie if you flash Akl1 carrier model then sd card

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the file downloaded and on my SD card. Think I will do the update a little later today. Between checking for this update and my Galaxy watch update, I am getting tired of looking for updates. I am hoping this update will even help stabilize my Galaxy Watch LTE version.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it sucks for major OS updates because the 4 carriers have to pass it works on its network then Samsung pushes it to the unlocked models .
As soon as it gets it I'll go back to un locked model ...the only way you can get pie if you flash Akl1 carrier model then sd card

I hear you. Thanks for all your help here. I’ve been following along and a couple of you have been really helping folks out. Me too even though I can’t update right now, at least I now know to stop trying.

I think I’ll pass on the flashing part as it has been a couple years since I did that and I’m not to comfortable in working with Oldin.

Thanks again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the file downloaded and on my SD card. Think I will do the update a little later today. Between checking for this update and my Galaxy watch update, I am getting tired of looking for updates. I am hoping this update will even help stabilize my Galaxy Watch LTE version.

It only takes 15 to 20 minutes after you hit the update sd card in recovery
Recovery you restart phone when it about to restart hold same time volume up,Bixby,power button then you see the android bot release and use volume to navigate to update sd card then power button to select.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I hear you. Thanks for all your help here. I’ve been following along and a couple of you have been really helping folks out. Me too even though I can’t update right now, at least I now know to stop trying.

I think I’ll pass on the flashing part as it has been a couple years since I did that and I’m not to comfortable in working with Oldin.

Thanks again.

Your welcome
I understand the flashing part
It shouldn't be to long before unlocked gets it

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It only takes 15 to 20 minutes after you hit the update sd card in recovery
Recovery you restart phone when it about to restart hold same time volume up,Bixby,power button then you see the android bot release and use volume to navigate to update sd card then power button to select.
The reason I had to wait is because I needed to get my steps and I need to wrap my phone around me to get the proper steps since my Galaxy watch has not figured out yet how to do that job properly. If anything is running in the background my step counter does not work properly. As it is it doesn't work properly never mind if there's something else happening on the phone.

And very soon now I am heading to the winter wonderland known as Lake Tahoe. I live 15 minutes from the lake on the Nevada side and I have been studying my brains out for a test I had to take yesterday and I get a day off today before I have to get ready for my state test on Friday. I usually see the lake weekly and it has been a few weeks with this constant studying so I'm going to refresh my brain morning.

So when I get back from enjoying multi feet of snow I can come home and shovel my own sidewalk and then take care of the download.

Thanks for all your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The reason I had to wait is because I needed to get my steps and I need to wrap my phone around me to get the proper steps since my Galaxy watch has not figured out yet how to do that job properly. If anything is running in the background my step counter does not work properly. As it is it doesn't work properly never mind if there's something else happening on the phone.

And very soon now I am heading to the winter wonderland known as Lake Tahoe. I live 15 minutes from the lake on the Nevada side and I have been studying my brains out for a test I had to take yesterday and I get a day off today before I have to get ready for my state test on Friday. I usually see the lake weekly and it has been a few weeks with this constant studying so I'm going to refresh my brain morning.

So when I get back from enjoying multi feet of snow I can come home and shovel my own sidewalk and then take care of the download.

Sounds rough , well you need to take care priorities first then when you're able kick back enjoy some pie :)

Your welcome..

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

85 here today in Florida and still no pie update from Verizon. :(