My call log stopped working on Feb 5, one week ago. None of the incoming or outgoing phone calls are showing up in the "recents" list on phone app. I've checked to make sure I don't have a filter on but it says it's showing all calls.

I've forced closed the phone app with no change. I rebooted the phone, no change.

This is Verizon on Oreo.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    02-12-2019 10:08 AM
    Try clearing the app cache from the Phone app and the Call Log Backup/Restore app -- you may have to tap Menu>Show System for the latter. Don't clear the app data, though -- that would wipe the log completely.
    02-12-2019 10:10 AM
    Try clearing the app cache from the Phone app and the Call Log Backup/Restore app -- you may have to tap Menu>Show System for the latter. Don't clear the app data, though -- that would wipe the log completely.
    I cleared the phone app cache. NO change. I don't know where to find or how to get to the call log/restore app. I don't see such an animal.
    02-12-2019 10:15 AM
    Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System. Now see if you can find a Call Log or Call History system app.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    02-12-2019 10:36 AM
    Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System. Now see if you can find a Call Log or Call History system app.
    Thanks for the explanation. I cleared the cache in the call log app but no change. Still can't see calls from yesterday.
    02-12-2019 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. I cleared the cache in the call log app but no change. Still can't see calls from yesterday.
    Clear settings, cache and force stop the app see if it loads everything back
    02-12-2019 10:50 AM
    Clear settings, cache and force stop the app see if it loads everything back
    Still no go. New calls are not being logged either.
    02-12-2019 11:32 AM
    Still no go. New calls are not being logged either.
    Ok so none of the above worked..
    Have you installed anything on your phone ? And did this just started happening?
    02-12-2019 12:21 PM