Phone call log stopped loggin

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
My call log stopped working on Feb 5, one week ago. None of the incoming or outgoing phone calls are showing up in the "recents" list on phone app. I've checked to make sure I don't have a filter on but it says it's showing all calls.

I've forced closed the phone app with no change. I rebooted the phone, no change.

This is Verizon on Oreo.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache from the Phone app and the Call Log Backup/Restore app -- you may have to tap Menu>Show System for the latter. Don't clear the app data, though -- that would wipe the log completely.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone call log stopped logging

Try clearing the app cache from the Phone app and the Call Log Backup/Restore app -- you may have to tap Menu>Show System for the latter. Don't clear the app data, though -- that would wipe the log completely.

I cleared the phone app cache. NO change. I don't know where to find or how to get to the call log/restore app. I don't see such an animal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System. Now see if you can find a Call Log or Call History system app.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System. Now see if you can find a Call Log or Call History system app.

Thanks for the explanation. I cleared the cache in the call log app but no change. Still can't see calls from yesterday.