Pie Update. Some Awful Changes

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just updated.... Tbf it's not a bad update but I do have a few dislikes. The new icons are awful, very childish looking. The time on the notification bar...why move to the left it was fine. Notifications......why can i not see them when I pull down from the top. I've looked in settings to change all this but you cant. these are just the basic changes God help me when I go into it more

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What device? Different devices will have different visual impacts based on what the manufacturer has designed for their interface.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the clock was moved to the left in pie to accommodate phones with a notch.

BTW, how does one without an AC account get to start a thread?

Hollywoodin2001

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
Just updated.... Tbf it's not a bad update but I do have a few dislikes. The new icons are awful, very childish looking. The time on the notification bar...why move to the left it was fine. Notifications......why can i not see them when I pull down from the top. I've looked in settings to change all this but you cant. these are just the basic changes God help me when I go into it more

Pie sucks, plain and simple. It has downgraded my Note 9 so much that I want my money back.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Normally I use my SD card as the default storage after every picture or video taken.
Had to come out of that mode for a couple of days because I wanted to double check the quality of the pics before sending to SD card to verify process is working correctly after this pie update.

However when done, I went to send those pictures that were saved in cameras internal storage to SD card and the now that process seems to have changed.

You use to click on Internet storage and then click on edit, select pictures you want and then send them to the sd card folder you've set forth.

I hope it just isn't me. You still can do this, but now you have to open the gallery app first, and then proceed with selecting and sending to folders you've set forth you've chosen for storing your pictures in the SD card.
I don't like this way.

The old way was to open internal storage. Select files, then move to SD card folder you've chosen.

Question, has anyone else noticed this or tried this lately?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Normally I use my SD card as the default storage after every picture or video taken.
Had to come out of that mode for a couple of days because I wanted to double check the quality of the pics before sending to SD card to verify process is working correctly after this pie update.

However when done, I went to send those pictures that were saved in cameras internal storage to SD card and the now that process seems to have changed.

You use to click on Internet storage and then click on edit, select pictures you want and then send them to the sd card folder you've set forth.

I hope it just isn't me. You still can do this, but now you have to open the gallery app first, and then proceed with selecting and sending to folders you've set forth you've chosen for storing your pictures in the SD card.
I don't like this way.

The old way was to open internal storage. Select files, then move to SD card folder you've chosen.

Question, has anyone else noticed this or tried this lately?
Not sure if this is what you mean, but this is how I move pics without going into the gallery. I open my files, click internal and select what pics I want to move, click move at the bottom. Then I click the home folder at the top. Go down to SD card and click my folder and then click move here. To me if just seems like the process is longer on pie than it was on oreo or maybe I didn't really notice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa