Freeze an App?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My OneDrive keeps giving notification of uploaded file yet no file IS uploaded and neither pics nor any file is set to sync.

I would like to freeze the app for the summer. Is there a way? All I can find is force close which undoes itself after a short time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My OneDrive keeps giving notification of uploaded file yet no file IS uploaded and neither pics nor any file is set to sync.

I would like to freeze the app for the summer. Is there a way? All I can find is force close which undoes itself after a short time.
Are you sign into it? If so sign out.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried that first. I also shut off background data. Still get the file uploaded notification yet I check one drive and nothing has changed. I shut off the notifications too but i would have liked to freeze it. If I uninstall it I have problems with Excel.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried that first. I also shut off background data. Still get the file uploaded notification yet I check one drive and nothing has changed. I shut off the notifications too but i would have liked to freeze it. If I uninstall it I have problems with Excel.
Try putting it to sleep in device care by battery?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try putting it to sleep in device care by battery?
It is but it turns itself on. The battery option only puts it to sleep when not in use. It turns itself on even though I have background data shut off. In September I will need it again so I have to just put up with it. There used to be an option to disable an app that is gone now.

Hey what is that blue icon next to my name?

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It is but it turns itself on. The battery option only puts it to sleep when not in use. It turns itself on even though I have background data shut off. In September I will need it again so I have to just put up with it. There used to be an option to disable an app that is gone now.
Yeah probably not going to sleep because your using Excel

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Hardly use Excel in summer but it must be available. If I uninstall one drive excel won't connect to save directly to google drive. Corporate One Drive is like owning Office 365. Without one drive u have access to free version of excel. It works but some features don't. I might not touch Excel until September or I might need it tomorrow. In September I need One Drive and Excel every day.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope. Hardly use Excel in summer but it must be available. If I uninstall one drive excel won't connect to save directly to google drive. Corporate One Drive is like owning Office 365. Without one drive u have access to free version of excel. It works but some features don't. I might not touch Excel until September or I might need it tomorrow. In September I need One Drive and Excel every day.
Yeah then don't mess with it .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is rooted, Link2SD will freeze apps. (So will Titanium, but that's not free.) But if it's not rooted, you can only uninstall apps that aren't system apps, you can't freeze anything (I don't think - it's been a long time since I had an unrooted phone)..

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I remove it I lose some features I need from Excel like the ability to save directly to Google Drive. It would force me to save to phone then upload to drive. After a while it becomes a pita.
You could remove the app for the summer. Reinstall it for when you need it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress