Battery drain?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be getting a much greater battery drain when i use the "always on display" as opposed to the blinking led light. Is there really that much difference in the battery usage? I'm completely stock, but i do get anywhere from 100 to 200 emails per day. Thanks for any help.:confused:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be getting a much greater battery drain when i use the "always on display" as opposed to the blinking led light. Is there really that much difference in the battery usage? I'm completely stock, but i do get anywhere from 100 to 200 emails per day. Thanks for any help.:confused:
The AOD takes 1-2% per hour depending on certain settings you might have. For example if you have the weather Facewidget on the AOD. It also refreshes and shifts a bit every minute to prevent burn in.

Typically it should hit 1% per hour though because it also uses the ambient light sensor to adjust brightness levels. You can turn that off and set a manual brightness to reduce power usage.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
The AOD takes 1-2% per hour depending on certain settings you might have. For example if you have the weather Facewidget on the AOD. Typically it should hit 1% per hour though because it also uses the ambient light sensor to adjust brightness levels. You can turn that off and set a manual brightness to reduce power usage.

How many pixels are on and how bright; large images burn up a lot more power.
The wavelength of green is where the human vision sensitivity peaks out; green is easier to see.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The AOD takes 1-2% per hour depending on certain settings you might have. For example if you have the weather Facewidget on the AOD. It also refreshes and shifts a bit every minute to prevent burn in.

Typically it should hit 1% per hour though because it also uses the ambient light sensor to adjust brightness levels. You can turn that off and set a manual brightness to reduce power usage.

Ok. In "display", i turned off the adaptive brightness, and i turned down the brightness bar icon. I guess that should do it. What do you think?

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
It uses a lot more in bright sunlight with auto brightness on.
In the dark, very little.
On the Note 10 I've never turned it off. At night when in stand by it burns up about 1% @hour total including with AOD on.
Not using much.. older phones may behave differently though.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It uses a lot more in bright sunlight with auto brightness on.
In the dark, very little.
On the Note 10 I've never turned it off. At night when in stand by it burns up about 1% @hour total including with AOD on.
Not using much.. older phones may behave differently though.

What about the blinking led? Is it better to turn it off while using AOD?

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Ok. In "display", i turned off the adaptive brightness, and i turned down the brightness bar icon. I guess that should do it. What do you think?

Could you use the tap on feature to display it momentarily instead having it display constantly?
I don't use this as I use AOD to help find the phone at night, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699