Verizon release date

Nathan8998

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
You bought the Note 4 during VZW's holiday exchange period. Verizon will allow holiday purchases (anything from black Friday till 12/28) to be returned until January 15th. That should give you a little more freedom if the Edge appears.

Edit: I called a VZW store to clarify. The holiday return period apparently only applies to contracts and accessories, not the Edge Plan.

Edit #2: I can't guarantee I received the correct info about the Edge Program exclusion. I just called a local rep.

That's not true. I just but a note 4 on the edge contract 2 days ago and the receipt says returns good until 1-15-15

kevinf68

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
That's not true. I just but a note 4 on the edge contract 2 days ago and the receipt says returns good until 1-15-15

Why wouldn't vz just wait until after the 15th to release the edge? I have never felt Verizon has ever done anything to favor the customer. It's all about the $$$$ with big red. They waited this long what's a couple more weeks. I can't see them wanting a stockpile of used phones.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Why wouldn't vz just wait until after the 15th to release the edge? I have never felt Verizon has ever done anything to favor the customer. It's all about the $$$$ with big red. They waited this long what's a couple more weeks. I can't see them wanting a stockpile of used phones.

I've never said the Edge release will be before the 15th. Simply stating if it is released, the return window for holiday purchases is bigger than some might think.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The rep asked her coworkers, and she said it applies to edge plans as well :) woohoo!

Posted via the Android Central App

Since I was on the Edge plan before with my Note 3 and the Moto X, consider the following:

1. Keep your old phone until after 1/15/15 or until you are certain that the phone you choose is the one.
2. I returned a device on 10/20 and its been 2 months. I continue to pay on a device I no longer have. Initially, I had 611 customer service and their supervisors involved which did not get anywhere. I had a store manager get involved and that is not getting anywhere. I decided to call the Corporate Office and that person has spent countless hours to try and get the Edge contract cancelled. From what I was told, Edge agreements are much harder to cancel than a 2 year contract. I was offered a cross upgrade recently as a solution but, doing a cross upgrade is a nightmare and just confuses Verizon. I attempted this about a year ago, which led me to paying off my old Edge agreement earlier. That is a whole other story.
3. You get one return allowed so, if you elect to go with the Note Edge, that will be the phone you will get. No returns allowed after that.
4. When you cancel an Edge agreement, after you returned the phone, you cannot do another Edge agreement for 30 days. Which means, that you return one device on an Edge contract, you will not be able to get the Note Edge on the Edge agreement until after 30 days after the cancellation date has passed. Supposedly, they want me to wait 30 days after my current Edge is cancelled but, I find it absurd that I would have to wait another month before I get another device after my nightmare is over.

In many ways, I love the Edge contract over a 2 year contract and the idea of being able to upgrade faster. I get bored with a device after 12 months. This has been a royal PIA for me and has left me wondering if the next device, I should just pay cash.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Since I was on the Edge plan before with my Note 3 and the Moto X, consider the following:

1. Keep your old phone until after 1/15/15 or until you are certain that the phone you choose is the one.
2. I returned a device on 10/20 and its been 2 months. I continue to pay on a device I no longer have. Initially, I had 611 customer service and their supervisors involved which did not get anywhere. I had a store manager get involved and that is not getting anywhere. I decided to call the Corporate Office and that person has spent countless hours to try and get the Edge contract cancelled. From what I was told, Edge agreements are much harder to cancel than a 2 year contract. I was offered a cross upgrade recently as a solution but, doing a cross upgrade is a nightmare and just confuses Verizon. I attempted this about a year ago, which led me to paying off my old Edge agreement earlier. That is a whole other story.
3. You get one return allowed so, if you elect to go with the Note Edge, that will be the phone you will get. No returns allowed after that.
4. When you cancel an Edge agreement, after you returned the phone, you cannot do another Edge agreement for 30 days. Which means, that you return one device on an Edge contract, you will not be able to get the Note Edge on the Edge agreement until after 30 days after the cancellation date has passed. Supposedly, they want me to wait 30 days after my current Edge is cancelled but, I find it absurd that I would have to wait another month before I get another device after my nightmare is over.

In many ways, I love the Edge contract over a 2 year contract and the idea of being able to upgrade faster. I get bored with a device after 12 months. This has been a royal PIA for me and has left me wondering if the next device, I should just pay cash.

An absolute horror story. I would be livid and be retaining council as I would NOT be paying for an item not in my possession!

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

Interesting... I'll look into that, as it sounds like a total nightmare.. thanks for the heads up

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Interesting... I'll look into that, as it sounds like a total nightmare.. thanks for the heads up

Good luck. Its been an adventure for me. if I do not get the Edge because of this whole fiasco, I am thinking I might dump Verizon at the first chance. I have been with them for over 10 years.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Good luck. Its been an adventure for me. if I do not get the Edge because of this whole fiasco, I am thinking I might dump Verizon at the first chance. I have been with them for over 10 years.

I think I'll have to when I get kicked off my parents plan, probably go with t mobile since it's cheaper, even though lacking in coverage.. Hopefully it gets much better

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
The amount of cool cases and the VR compatibility are swaying me to the note 4, but I'm trying so hard to hold out for that sweet edge in hours that it'll be worth it...it should be! Waiting for Verizon is like watching paint dry.

mjolson29

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
lol, everyone should take to twitter and facebook and put some pressure on them. they really need to be called out. this is crappy customer service to the max for a premum price.:mad:

KingJay708

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I think ppl should just relax a bit. I mean, tho it is nice, it's a phone. I can't wait until Verizon releases it but I'm not about to lose any sleep by any means. Life goes on. My theory is that Verizon has been sluggish in part because it's not one of their Droid phones. And the edge isn't a mainstream device like the note 4 or IPhone, it's still new to a lot of ppl. In the meantime, I say just wait and enjoy life have fun and ejoy the holidays and stop putting so much energy into a device. And just be sure to never buy any of their droid phones, ever.

At this point I'm beginning to not care If they release the device I'm sure their will be another edge, and perhaps enhanced edge device. So I'm not about To call them to complain, or get on twitter or Facebook, it's so not that serious. If and when they releases it, fine. If not, then my cool $400 will go elsewhere.

LordTrouble

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Some of us have phones that are close to not working. I do NOT want to buy the 4 and then the edge comes out. It's also becoming more about Verizon's lack of care about their customers wants/needs/desires. It doesn't matter what product a retailer sells, if they can't provide similar products to their competitors in a timely manner they will lose their customers.

BasedTaskf0rce07

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Agreed ive been inboxing and writing on their wall this week about being told different answers from verizon store reps about release date . Everyone should also write on their wall where paying the most expensive cellular company and cant have the latest phone. Come on now!!

don.fief

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I posted on their Facebook page tonight, and they sent me a lame 'thanks for being a loyal Verizon customer' reply with the link to the Verizon Wireless page that you can enter your email address to be notified. Like I didn't do THAT as soon as it was available...

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been a long time Verizon customer and have waited long enough. I switched to AT&T and ordered a Edge on Christmas eve. All of the local AT&T stores were out of stock. I ordered from the vendor at Fort Knox. Should receive it on Monday.

Most of us on these forums are early adopters with little patience when it comes to waiting on new devices. Verizon's total lack of communication on this device is insulting. Of course it's all about business, not emotion. We all vote with our wallet.

Posted with my Note 3 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non