How Do Different Launchers Effect The Edge Screen?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just like the title says, how does adding something like Nova to the Edge? What does it do to the Edge screen? Do you lose functionality?

I'm really asking because I'm curious as to how it will effect the S6 Edge. I think that needs to be my next phone, but I refuse to use TouchWiz.

Thanks!

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have used the Yahoo Aviate and the Nova. Right now, I am using Nova on my Note Edge. Obviously, there is a loss of real estate with having an Edge but, there is no loss of functionality. If anything, it de clutters your home screen because now you can add folder and icons to your edge.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just like the title says, how does adding something like Nova to the Edge? What does it do to the Edge screen? Do you lose functionality?

I'm really asking because I'm curious as to how it will effect the S6 Edge. I think that needs to be my next phone, but I refuse to use TouchWiz.

Thanks!

I am using Nova as well, and the functionality is unaffected.. I do believe that the Nova team could try to find a way to integrate the Edge panel, because as it stands, the app icons on the Edge cannot be changed, like you can with the rest of the phone.. But other than that, I love Nova and have used it for about 3 years :)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was just really hoping that I don't lose any of the quick actions that the S6 Edge is going to have by using a different launcher. I'd really prefer to not have to use TW.

yostevo

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Nova user, sometimes when opening app drawer nova resets and you have to re choose launcher. Other than that its good. Changing icons and the number of icons on the edge would rock.

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm with you here. I use Nova Prime and Voxel Icon pack and would LOVE to be able to change the Edge's Sammy TouchWiz icons to match the Voxel ones. We could always hope, but as it looks, with the edge being in limited production Nova Devs might not put in the extra time to give us a bit more...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa