From the Mega to the Edge - Questions about the difference and SHealth App

JackieGreen1780

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I recently got the Edge, after having the Mega since the week it came out. I LOVED the Mega, and I never had any problems with it. The only reason I got the Edge was because there are no more Mega's to be had. (Or so Sprint told me) I really liked that phone, and can not understand why, other than possible poor sales, they discontinued it. I met about half a dozen other Mega users the almost 2 years I had it, and they ALL loved it.

With my Edge, I am getting over the learning curve with the differences between the Mega and Edge. There are so many awesome things on the Edge! I love the S Health app, although I question how my phone is able to accurately tell me the UV index outside, or my stress level, or even an accurate BPM all from 1 little sensor, and my index finger....I also question how my phone can accurately count the number of steps I take. I physically counted 10 steps as I walked across my bedroom, and the step counter read 15. Little things like that make me question the accuracy of my daily activities.

Also, I only use about 15 to 20% of the pre-loaded apps, simply because I do not know what they all do. What are your thoughts on the pre-loaded apps, good or bad, as well as SHealth?

:confused:

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I recently got the Edge, after having the Mega since the week it came out. I LOVED the Mega, and I never had any problems with it. The only reason I got the Edge was because there are no more Mega's to be had. (Or so Sprint told me) I really liked that phone, and can not understand why, other than possible poor sales, they discontinued it. I met about half a dozen other Mega users the almost 2 years I had it, and they ALL loved it.

With my Edge, I am getting over the learning curve with the differences between the Mega and Edge. There are so many awesome things on the Edge! I love the S Health app, although I question how my phone is able to accurately tell me the UV index outside, or my stress level, or even an accurate BPM all from 1 little sensor, and my index finger....I also question how my phone can accurately count the number of steps I take. I physically counted 10 steps as I walked across my bedroom, and the step counter read 15. Little things like that make me question the accuracy of my daily activities.

Also, I only use about 15 to 20% of the pre-loaded apps, simply because I do not know what they all do. What are your thoughts on the pre-loaded apps, good or bad, as well as SHealth?

:confused:

I disabled S Health. It constantly updated me on what I was doing. Very annoying

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Last edited:

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I disabled almost all the apps that came with the phone. I only kept a select few. I have no experience with the Mega, but I hope you have a joyous experience with your Edge! I love mine!

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't use S Health either it never seemed to be accurate for me. I got a Fitbit for that very reason.

JackieGreen1780

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I haven't seen very many updates about my activity until I reach the daily goals that are set. After I reach my number of steps, then I get inundated with notifications congratulating me for reaching my goal, and then I would get one congratulating me for the distance walked, etc. It isnt THAT annoying yet, as I made my goal so high, that unless I run a marathon, I really dont plan on hitting it! :)

Thank you for sharing my post!!! I really appreciate it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mboessen