Note I users, are you gonna upgrade to the Note II ?

Are you getting the Note II?

• Total voters

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
So I've been watching every review, first impressions, etc about the new Note II.
Yes, it looks great, it's got all the new improvements that would make the phone so much better than the current model.
But the question is, is it worth it to upgrade for current Note I users?
For new users the answer is yes of course but I don't know if it is so easy to answer for me.
I've had my note for about 3 months and it blows away every other phone out there now.
Maybe not the Samsung S3 but definitely every iPhone including the 5.
I don't feel that it is lacking in any real noticeable way. Maybe cause I mainly use it for e-mail, web and a few apps.
I've been watching my spending so I am really questioning this upgrade.
I may hold off until the price drops sometime next year.

So are you gonna upgrade and if so why? if not, why not?

bfritts3

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm upgrading.

Reason: Sold the note 1 for $485 so the upgrade won't cost me any money out of pocket. Granted I'll be back on contract again vs. the month to month, but it's not a big deal. I only bought an off contract phone because they weren't going to bring it to the US market.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm upgrading.

Reason: Sold the note 1 for $485 so the upgrade won't cost me any money out of pocket. Granted I'll be back on contract again vs. the month to month, but it's not a big deal. I only bought an off contract phone because they weren't going to bring it to the US market.

Wow, that's a great price.
How did you get so much?
eBay? or ?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh YES, I want the Note 2. I want the better screen ratio. I want the Spen alarm BAD!!! I want multi-tasking like I have on my tablet!!! I want the easier way to select text with the Spen. I just read about some feature where you can open a web link in a moveable window! How awesome is that when you just want to check something, or refer to it when writing! I didn't think I'd ever want another phone, I thought I'd be thrilled to have the original Note forever! I can't believe all the extra features that are packed into the 2. Yes, I will be switching!
Bfritts, what's the process like for selling the Note on Amazon??? Samsung buy back program only offered me a little over 300. I'd love to get more!

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but just because of the quad core processor and extra ram. If they were the same as the original Note 1, I would just stay with the original.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Nope, don't want the Note 2. I actually just bought the original Note, after giving it plenty of thought and spending a lot of quality time with the original Note in the store.

The bottom line is that I want more of a tablet-style viewing experience for web sites, and it's a whole lot easier to view "non-mobile" sites in landscape mode. And the original Note's extra width in Portrait mode makes for a taller screen in landscape mode -- where every extra pixel helps.

So, a taller, narrower screen in portrait mode doesn't appeal to me at all. Furthermore, it's the Note's "tallness" that makes it a bit difficult in the pocket, where it can really keep your leg joint from moving properly. I find that the original Note standing fully upright in my pocket makes walking definitely difficult, but if I just let it rest at an angle in my pocket, everything is completely fine. Effectively reducing that tallness just a little bit makes all the difference in the world. So, that's another strike against getting the new one, which is even physically taller.

Otherwise, I find the original Note to be plenty speedy and powerful -- my AT&T Note came with ICS right out of the box, and after a decade of BlackBerry devices, I'm entirely happy with the original Note's performance. The "new software" for the Note 2 means utterly nothing to me -- my needs are pretty simple, with the usual e-mail, web browsing, and a few apps being all I really need.

So, the original Note meets my needs, and meets them very well, indeed.

thoots

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I find the original Note to be plenty speedy and powerful -- my AT&T Note came with ICS right out of the box, and after a decade of BlackBerry devices, I'm entirely happy with the original Note's performance. The "new software" for the Note 2 means utterly nothing to me -- my needs are pretty simple, with the usual e-mail, web browsing, and a few apps being all I really need.

This is exactly how I feel at this time.

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my phone a month ago. So I'm not in a hurry to go pay full price. I'll wait and see if they release 32gig, what other improvements they make, price reduced. ..etc. I might ask Santa? we'll see. I like my original note.:D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think there is something to be said about use case here to. I can see anyone that really hammers the storage to want the Note 2 with JB. Haveing all of the storage for use with apps instead of just 2Gb will be nice. Also i think it is suppose to have better support for 64GB sd cards. It would also be really nice if they had it with 32GB internal memory. If it did i would be all over it.

I agree in that most cases my Note keeps up fine, but there are certainly occasions that it just lags way behind. I have said since it was launched that haveing the Snapdragon S3 cpu was it's biggest weak point. I am really up in the air. I may sell it and then try to get the note 2 with no commitment.

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm upgrading.

The international version works on pre pay.

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Nope, don't want the Note 2. I actually just bought the original Note, after giving it plenty of thought and spending a lot of quality time with the original Note in the store.

The bottom line is that I want more of a tablet-style viewing experience for web sites, and it's a whole lot easier to view "non-mobile" sites in landscape mode. And the original Note's extra width in Portrait mode makes for a taller screen in landscape mode -- where every extra pixel helps.

So, a taller, narrower screen in portrait mode doesn't appeal to me at all. Furthermore, it's the Note's "tallness" that makes it a bit difficult in the pocket, where it can really keep your leg joint from moving properly. I find that the original Note standing fully upright in my pocket makes walking definitely difficult, but if I just let it rest at an angle in my pocket, everything is completely fine. Effectively reducing that tallness just a little bit makes all the difference in the world. So, that's another strike against getting the new one, which is even physically taller.

Otherwise, I find the original Note to be plenty speedy and powerful -- my AT&T Note came with ICS right out of the box, and after a decade of BlackBerry devices, I'm entirely happy with the original Note's performance. The "new software" for the Note 2 means utterly nothing to me -- my needs are pretty simple, with the usual e-mail, web browsing, and a few apps being all I really need.

thoots

Plus with the Note 1 getting JB eventually most of the note 2 software upside will be moot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

adipabeta

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

thoots

+1
Design is everything. Original note fits me better.
And this is how my original note and 4.0.4 stock smoother and have longer battery life.
uploadfromtaptalk1354942881181.jpg

prenoobster

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
For me I'll be keeping my note 1.. The one button rounded hardware of the new note to me takes away the tablet feel the original note has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a Note 1 cheap on ebay this Christmas to replace my Skyrocket. I like the look over the note 2. We'll see what is out there next Christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a Note 1 cheap on ebay this Christmas to replace my Skyrocket. I like the look over the note 2. We'll see what is out there next Christmas.

Did you find the Notes performance comparable to your Skyrocket? I had a Skyrocket but wanted to try something different so I got a Lumia 920. Great camera but everything else sucks. I was thinking of trying a Galaxy Note, S3, or a Nexus 4 next. I like the idea of a bigger screen though...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Im very happy over all going from the Skyrocket to the Note. Haven't been this happy with a phone since my Dell Streak.

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been considering this along with the galaxy s4 but I think I'd find the s4 too small and the lack of the s pen and note features put me off. I've now decided to keep my original note and wait for the JB update. I think I'm going to get the note 10.1 instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress