Very new to Android. Couple questions

Stang5_o2002

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've read till my eyes hurt and used the search function but I cant come up with an exact solution. I'm coming out of a 4 year relationship with Apple, so this is a huge learning curve for me.
Anyway, I've tried several different sms apps and cant find one I really like. I want the ability to choose a custom sms tone for each individual contact. Go Sms does this, but I don't like how when you send someone an mms message it shows up on their phone as a link. Does anyone know of a good, simple sms app to replace the stock sms app and also has the ability to assign individual tones?
Also, how about a good app to replace the stock camera app? I have a 15 month old and don't carry my camera with me all the time. The camera on my skyrocket really sucks compared to my Iphone 4. And before someone says it, I know its a phone, and not meant to be a dedicated camera, but my Iphone did an awesome job of just pointing and shooting. And I don't want to go back to my Iphone just for the camera either. I love my new android. There are just a few minor things Id like to change on it to make the experience a little better.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Froyo

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so my answers maybe very wrong because I'm running a CM9 ROM on my phone, and haven't touched TW in a while... but doesn't TouchWiz let you do that through the contacts app, just hit the menu button and it's in those options? if not sorry.
And for the second part, i'm suprised you don't like the camera app as I've found it to be the best one besides the Sense camera app.. but I would suggest Camera Zoom Fx, but it'll cost ya 3 clams. Also, you may like "Camera ICS" it's basically the stock android camera app, with some features and works on Gingerbread.

Reactions: Stang5_o2002

Stang5_o2002

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I can set different ringtones individual contacts that way, but it doesn't allow sms tones. At least, not that I can find.
And its not really that the camera sucks. I should have worded it differently. It actually takes very good pictures of things that aren't moving in the slightest. My son is never still unless hes asleep. Just seems like my Iphone dealt better with movement as far as pics go. Also I hate how when you snap a pic, and it looks perfect on the screen but then when it saves in the camera roll its different. Its like what you see on the screen when the shutter clicks isn't what actually gets stored. Almost like the image stored is from a split second before or after the actual image on the screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
as sms i can't help u there i don't txt message much so don't bother with individual sounds. but with the camera app i found out that if u hold down the the shoot button for focus and let it sit on there for a couple of seconds after if focuses it will take the shot good no matter what is moving. its how i take pictures of my daughter when she is on rides (we just went to the fair). and i was able to get clean shots (no blur) on fast moving rides.

Reactions: Stang5_o2002

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38