Voice Recorder app

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to use this app for situations such as speeches and such? I'm going to be at a conference in a couple of weeks, and I don't want to buy a digital recorder if this app is just as effective. Thoughts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have used purely for notes to self, and it works great...I haven't used it for any really lengthy applications such as a speech, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't be fine, just save the file on your external sd card if it's too big. Great recording quality.

Reactions: jsarino

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
You should. Be fine as long as u got plenty of Free memory available the voice recorder app is just that a digital voice recorder and it picks up sounds good in a room u shouldn't have any issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I just upgraded my micro sd card from 16 to 32 GB just in case I get alot of long winded, er, quality speeches. ;)

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! I just upgraded my micro sd card from 16 to 32 GB just in case I get alot of long winded, er, quality speeches. ;)

Nice! which one did you get? I'm contemplating upgrading my 16gb also.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Right on, make sure when u are in your voice app hit your menu button to pull up settings and make sure its set to save on your memory card and that the quility is set to high

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

DroidAppFreak

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I went away from using the recorders coming on the Android devices. I'm switching recorders a lot, but currently I found one that is quite nice and that I'm using now.
Philips Dictation Recorder: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=philips.dictation+recorder&c=apps
I think in your cases it would also make sense to use microphones accessories, but I can't recommend anything, as I don't have experience on that ;) I just recognized that the microphones coming with the different Android devices are very different regarding audio quality.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
DroidAppFreak, I'll look into that. :) I don't have another conference to go to this year, but I'll definitely be at enough next year to go for a good app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa