ICS is out, but kies will not update

mdjeeper

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
kies will not update to the latest version.. it comes up saying that ver 2.3.2.12064_9 is available, dl's it, does install, reopens and then comes up saying that a newer version is available and its 2.3.2.12064_9....I've uninstalled kies, downloaded it again from sammy, (which isn't the latest version btw), reinstalled it..same thing...only thing I can think maybe it doesnt like 64-bit vista...installing it on an old 32-bit now to see if i have the same issue..i want some ice cream!!!!

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the same exact issue i eventually had to borrow my friends windows 7 laptop. Kies+Vista=No Ice Cream Sammich

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

penmakerar

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I have windows 7 and didn't have any problems at all. It took a while for it to download and update but that's because of my connection.

wantsti

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem yesterday...I had to disable my firewall for the Kies update to install on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. After that, Kies update and phone upgrade went smoothly.

mdjeeper

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Was able to finally get it to work on my gf's netbook with win7 starter....loving ics so far (though I'm a noob and dont really do too much with it)..battery life is showing some improvement, which is huge to me...no issues with gps at all, everything is working as fast, or faster than before

StratFan

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issues Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I finally did as suggested above and did the direct download of the latest version from the Softpedia link above (MUCH faster than the Samsung mirror). If you are running Vista, Kies will NOT complete the auto update. Once I downloaded and installed v 2.3.2.12064_9, it installed with no issues, did not prompt me for an update once installed, and processed the firmware update for my Skyrocket all without issues.

Last edited:

stkit

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem. (Window's Vista 64)

Here's the solution that worked for me.:
1. Uninstall Kies - In addition to normal uninstalling, I had to use a registry cleaner to wipe out Kies keys from the registry. A simple uninstall didn't do the trick for me - It kept telling me I needed to uninstall when I thought I already did! Only after I used the registry cleaner did the rest of this work (i.e. step #3 below)
2. Download Kies again from the samsung site: Transfer, Sync & Manage Music, Movies, Photos, Contacts and Calendars with Kies
3. Re-install from the dled .exe file.

Trevor07silvy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I dl'd ccleaner and did a registry cleanup, but how do i make sure kies is wiped out? I just did a generic registry clean?

Also, did you just use the usb cable that came with the phone? Ive been reading about the cable that comes with the phone is a charge only phone? Not a charge and data cable? Any truth to that?

poconojoe57

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Just to let everyone know...The upgrade worked fine on my mac. I used the data/charge cable that came with the skyrocket. I had to download a mac version of kies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

stkit

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I dl'd ccleaner and did a registry cleanup, but how do i make sure kies is wiped out? I just did a generic registry clean?

Also, did you just use the usb cable that came with the phone? Ive been reading about the cable that comes with the phone is a charge only phone? Not a charge and data cable? Any truth to that?

To uninstall, here's what I did (might be overkill):
1. Uninstalled using the uninistall utility
2. searched (from start menu search window) for "Kies" - found program data in user directories that I manually deleted and folders with the name "Kies" in it.
3. Did the registry clean up with cclean as the last step.

RE: the cable, yes I used the one provided with the phone. I also read that some people think they got charge only cables but that wasn't the case with me... I think you can look on the cable (does it have the USB symbol - if I so I think it can be used; if not, I'm not sure that's a deal breaker but might make you question it). If you've used the cable to connect to old versions of Kies it should work now as well...

HTH

stylingsister

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the version I downloaded yesterday, it did not work for me. Is there something I should be disabling before running kies? It just hangs at the point of connecting and never actually does. I have run the troubleshooting deal that came with it to no avail. HELP??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez