Samsung Vibrant or Nexus One

gothdroid

Mar 20, 2010
www.twitter.com
I am going to have to money next week to buy a new phone and get rid of the blackberry bold I am currently using on T-Mobile, I was just wondering should I get the Nexus One or should I get the Vibrant. Both are good phones, I just want some opinions on which phone I should get.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Vibrant by a mile, IMO. If you had said incredible or DROID X, it might hwve been a contest, but the hardware on the samsung is superior in every way to the n1. The one real advantage ojf the nexus is getting googles software prates directly, but the CPU, gpu and display on the galaxy make up for that,

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy S has already been rooted. There are already a couple ROMS available too. They say this phone will have a lot of support since it's being sold everywhere.

daveloft

May 19, 2010
Visit site
nexus_vs_galaxy1.gif

It really depends what's more important to you. I'm giving my wife my Nexus One as she wont use the device as heavily and for her needs the Nexus is great. I'm looking forward to more storage space, the bigger screen and the better graphics chip.

Last edited:

gothdroid

Mar 20, 2010
www.twitter.com
I've decided on the Vibrant, and I am hoping to help spearhead the dev community for it, since someone on xda already posted what he believes to be root instructions for it

veloztr

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Vibrant

Hello, does anyone know if adding Chinese language to the samsung vibrant is an option? read write chinese text, etc...

xarophti

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
The faster processor speed sounds nice, as does the extra room for apps (although I haven't even run out of space on my MyTouch), but the lack of a trackball is a bit of a deal-breaker for me, as well as hearing tales of Samsung's lack of device support.

gdigenis

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
i have been using the nexus since mar 18th and it has been one of my favorite phones. i use my phone pretty much the same way everyday

-approx 1hr of calls--many short calls
-approx 5o sms sent/received
-a few emails sent but approx 20-50 received
-approx 1 hr of web browsing
-30-60 podcasts
-10 min of calendar use
-alarm clock
-a few minutes of gtalk
-if and when i use navigation it is for 10-20min
---i really like the trackball and i have had no issues with rf

the nexus one worked great for these things in my experience.

i have never been a big fan of samsung as the phones that i had tried in the past had either poor rf, poor battery life, very little support after the fact. i really liked the specs of the galaxy s phones and i wanted something with a 4 inch screen so i decided to try the galaxy s.

here is what i like about it vs the nexus
-larger screen
-ability to see screen clearly in bright sunlight (nexus is useable but galaxy is much better)
-touch screen response is better
-capacitive buttons work perfect
-battery life is much better
-while i love stock android the small additions in functionality that touchwiz adds are actually nice imho
-sound quality of callers voice seems better (more full and clear)

i do miss the trackball and i liked the weight of the nexus, but other than that i am enjoying the galaxy s.

sandplasma

May 11, 2010
Visit site
i do miss the trackball and i liked the weight of the nexus, but other than that i am enjoying the galaxy s.

Exactly. Trackball, lack of flash, and weight of phone are the only drawbacks as compared to my old (lost) Nexus One.

I'm getting used to the no track ball, I would buy an aluminum heavier back cover if they sold one just to give it a bit more weight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty