Pay Off T-Mobile EIP Before Trading into Samsung

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Device is locked yes until paid off. However it is not blacklisted. Meaning someone on T mobile can activate it. If you want to trade it in it's fine. If you sell it privately and the new owner looks up the IMEI it will show on a payment plan. To my knowledge The Mobile is the only carrier to do this. But it can be used but only on T Mobile until paid off.

If you trade it in that's fine but you mist continue to pay the remaining balance off is all. Not that complicated.

Once reactivated, they'd know you sold it. If so, would the full remaining balance become due?

Just trying to get a better understanding... Take it easy

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile will not block a phone because you sell it or trade it in to Samsung. The buyer will not be effected provided you pay off or keep paying for the old phone. Just pop your active SIM into the new s10 and the other phone will be free to be activated by buyer. Main point is it's your phone, to do with what you like. Of course as with anything, you have to pay any outstanding balances owed.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile will not block a phone because you sell it or trade it in to Samsung. The buyer will not be effected provided you pay off or keep paying for the old phone. Just pop your active SIM into the new s10 and the other phone will be free to be activated by buyer. Main point is it's your phone, to do with what you like. Of course as with anything, you have to pay any outstanding balances owed.

Agree, pretty much same as charging on a credit card. It is still my phone but I have to keep paying Visa. Now Jump and Jump on Demand are "leases" so Samsung clearly says those can't be traded.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Once reactivated, they'd know you sold it. If so, would the full remaining balance become due?

Just trying to get a better understanding... Take it easy
Take what easy. I wasn't trying to be rude. It's ok. Just trying to explain it is all. Your free to trade it in. You'll be fine. You'll just keep making your payments is all.

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I asked this same question to a Bestbuy rep regarding my ATT phone and they didn't have a clear answer. But if I get an unlocked version, then they don't care. They'll take my phone as a trade in, give me the $550, and then I can use that to purchase the unlocked S10e. I'm still on the hook for paying off my phone, but that's fine since I'll still receive credit for the BOGO deal I got last year.

If I decide that I need an ATT branded version, I could just return my unlocked version and use that credit to buy the ATT version. Extra step, but at least I won't have to worry about my account getting messed up.

May 4, 2013
Visit site
To be eligible for trade-in, your qualifying device must meet all Trade-In Program eligibility requirements, which include, but are not limited to, that the device powers on, holds a charge, and does not power off unexpectedly; has a functioning display; has no breaks or cracks in the screen (unless a cracked screen offer applies); has no breaks or cracks in the case; has no liquid damage (whether visible or not); has no other defects that go beyond normal wear and tear; is not on a black list; has a verified FCC ID; has been reset to factory settings; has all personal information removed; has all software locks disabled; and is owned by you (leased devices are not eligible).

Bottom of page - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fmobile%2Fgalaxy-s10%2Fbuy%2F&token=bHew2X1m

griefstruelove

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
To be eligible for trade-in, your qualifying device must meet all Trade-In Program eligibility requirements, which include, but are not limited to, that the device powers on, holds a charge, and does not power off unexpectedly; has a functioning display; has no breaks or cracks in the screen (unless a cracked screen offer applies); has no breaks or cracks in the case; has no liquid damage (whether visible or not); has no other defects that go beyond normal wear and tear; is not on a black list; has a verified FCC ID; has been reset to factory settings; has all personal information removed; has all software locks disabled; and is owned by you (leased devices are not eligible).

Bottom of page - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fmobile%2Fgalaxy-s10%2Fbuy%2F&token=AAQI8d7o

FYI Leased Device refrenced programs like SPRINTS GALAXY FOREVER. Those are leased. You never own it and can never keep it. When you put a new phone on your tmobile bill you will still be billed for the old phone until paid off. If you cancle your services your phone is due in full. (CREDITS I CAN NOT SPEAK TO)But I now this about the phone and the EIP because my sone was one $30.00 payment away from paying off his s8 when he broke it and rather than pay nsurance he add an iphone to his plan. Showing 2 EIP on his number until phone was paid off. They no concern with what we did with that phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez