What type of screen protector comes pre-installed on the S10?

jhous3s

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
Feels like a plastic protector to me. Mine wasnt aligned perfectly and it stopped right before the curved edge. I'm leaving it on just because neither of those issues bother me.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yup plastic. I took mine off because the little dust particles clinging around the camera punch hole was driving OCD crazy.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Guys what comes preinstalled is NOT a screen protector, it's a freakin' plastic film!
You are correct. It is a plastic screen protector. It protects the screen from scratches though. Thus being a screen protector. I used to use these all the time back in the day as these are all we had. I don't mind it. It's free. It wasn't extra. It was included in the cost of the phone. I'll use it until it gets messed up then switch it out.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it better than the plastic coating pieces that they usually put on the phones in the box that you take off as soon as you get it out of the box?

paulwilko10

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
How do you take it off? Seems very well stuck on.
I assume it is defo the screen protector as there is a lip around the front cameras?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm leaving mine on

It's fitted very well; no raised edges and it covers the screen well too.

I've altered the settings to make the screen sensitivity better for screen protectors that are fitted; it's set up fingerprints with no issues (just press on a bit harder) and away you go :)

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't mind the included screen protector. Usually use a wet install atmoursuit. The included protector doesn't seen to leave fingerprints on the screen.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving mine on

It's fitted very well; no raised edges and it covers the screen well too.

I've altered the settings to make the screen sensitivity better for screen protectors that are fitted; it's set up fingerprints with no issues (just press on a bit harder) and away you go :)

I haven't changed the screen sensitivity for screen screen protectors, but I'm also using the Face unlock.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Like others said, it's not as nice as a Whitestone, but for the time being it's working just fine.

And it's not like the factory protectors of days past. Those had a tab at the bottom that indicated it was to be removed; replacement screens still come like this. This one is designed to stay on the phone until it wears out as you can tell by how hard it is to remove.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but I've been loving the pre-installed screen protector. To the point that I've already forgot it's even there. Which I've always thought a screen protector is all about.

You can't tell it's there, it's clear, it's as smooth as the glass, it protects from everyday scratches and it literally doesn't show any fingerprints.

I can't ask for more personally. Better than those bulky tempered glass screen protectors that look ridiculous on the phone imo.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm enjoying it too. It does the job as intended. Its not the flimsy type manufactures normally use when devices are shipped. It is installed well and you can't even tell its there. I didn't pre order a screen protector after I heard the s10 shipped with one. So far I haven't regretted that decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non