Found something that is not a screen protector that protects your screen

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That's a really cool and interesting alternative. Thank you so much for sharing it! And the expense is justified when you consider so many phones are so expensive nowadays. You would want an expensive product protecting your expensive investment!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I sold Cellhelmet at a Wireless Revolution store selling Cricket. They started carrying it vs getting new screen protectors (film or glass) for every single budget to mid range phone that came out because it was just cost effective for them. We had to take a class on how to apply it, and how the insurance tiers worked. I really didn't want to put it on my brand new iPhone X so I put it on my AW3 figuring it wouldn't hurt.

For scratch protection, which is what liquid glass is for, it worked perfectly. I wish I'd used some on my AW4. For crack protection, they straight up know it's not going to stop a break. However, they sell you the different tiers of insurance to cushion a screen replacement.

Is it a long convoluted process? Yes. Break phone. Get phone fixed through legitimate means. Pay for fix. Send receipt to Cellhelmet. Be reimbursed. It's about a 6 week process to be honest, and nobody got time for that. But if you have to pay more than $30], you're out those extra bucks.

If you're looking for scratch protection then Cellhelmet is for you. It's easy to apply, just a little patience needed. Are there better liquid glass options than Cellhelmet? Yes. But for an average user that doesn't break their screens or cause careless damage to their device then liquid glass might be a good choice for you.

You mean 300 or 30?

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I've researched this before, and I don't buy it. There are promo videos on YouTube that basically play like wacky infomercials. People call them out in comments.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
That liquid, if indeed it does work, is not an actual screen protector, but a reinforcer of the glass that's already on your phone. That doesn't take the place of a tempered glass or polymer screen protector. If you drop your phone often, it'll get weakened with every drop. Cellhelmet is just glorified phone insurance.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
That liquid, if indeed it does work, is not an actual screen protector, but a reinforcer of the glass that's already on your phone. That doesn't take the place of a tempered glass or polymer screen protector. If you drop your phone often, it'll get weakened with every drop. Cellhelmet is just glorified phone insurance.

Ok whatever

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, it's your money, but it's just the truth. You're buying glorified phone insurance. Don't be snarky just because you don't like seeing someone be realistic; especially after doing my own research on it.

I'm not being snarky and I don't think you're being realistic. I just think you don't want to be wrong. I'm fine with that. Believe what you want to believe, and I believe what I want to believe. I already know that I dropped my phone at least two times on cement (fell out of my pocket and I'm tall 6'2. Had my sweats on) and tile (had it in a locker and moved my gym bag and it fell on tile from high up) and no scratch or damage has happened to it when this Cell Helmet was on. So if it's snake oil or whatever you want to call it fine. Do you what you do and I do what I do. If it does break fine I will pay $30 from my 3 year insurance on it. Separate from what you think Cell Helmet's is and that is insurance.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
U.S Pricing For Damaged Samsung Galaxy S10 phones

Since someone said I got sold "snake oil" for my phone and the liquid screen protector won't work (even though I dropped my phone two times already on cement and tile with the "snake oil" on and no damage has happened). I thought I would share Samsung pricing if you break the back and/or front of your S10 phone.

Galaxy S10e
Front - $199 Back - $99

Galaxy S10
Front - $249 Back - $99

Galaxy S10+
Front - $269 Back - $99

I thought the Galaxy S10+ would be over $300 for screen damage like that same person who said I got sold "snake oil" said.

I also think this is a lot cheaper then what and IPhone screen repair would cost knowing that Samsung makes the Iphone screen.

https://www.neowin.net/news/samsung...cing-for-accidental-damage-on-galaxy-s10-line

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: U.S Pricing For Damaged Samsung Galaxy S10 phones

Since someone said I got sold "snake oil" for my phone and the liquid screen protector won't work (even though I dropped my phone two times already on cement and tile with the "snake oil" on and no damage has happened). I thought I would share Samsung pricing if you break the back and/or front of your S10 phone.

Galaxy S10e
Front - $199 Back - $99

Galaxy S10
Front - $249 Back - $99

Galaxy S10+
Front - $269 Back - $99

I thought the Galaxy S10+ would be over $300 for screen damage like that same person who said I got sold "snake oil" said.

I also think this is a lot cheaper then what and IPhone screen repair would cost knowing that Samsung makes the Iphone screen.

https://www.neowin.net/news/samsung...cing-for-accidental-damage-on-galaxy-s10-line

For someone who says they don't care what others say you definitely can't help but constantly bring it up and defend your decision. Not sure why you are so hung up on selling the product. I mean I get liking what you like but you definitely have a suspicious chip on your should to prove it to others.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site

Galaxy S10e
Front - $199 Back - $99

Galaxy S10
Front - $249 Back - $99

Galaxy S10+
Front - $269 Back - $99

Again, you're being snarky, and I have no issue with being wrong if proven to be. Obviously, I did my research on it because I wanted to get it, as well as the case. After watching numerous videos on it, including reviews and demos from cellhelmet themselves on YouTube, I came to the conclusion that it's glorified phone insurance.

I already explained that after watching the demos, the liquid is used to reinforce the glass of your phone screen. It is *not* a screen protector. If you actually paid attention to the website or their videos, they say that under a microscope, glass has tiny holes in it. The same goes for your phone's screen, out of the box.This liquid is meant to fill in those holes. But if you drop even reinforced glass enough, it'll eventually break.

To me, that's why a TGSP or polymer film is still necessary to really protect the screen. It's your choice to do what you want with your money, but it's also my choice to tell anyone that is considering it that it's a waste of money in the end; especially if you've already bought phone insurance from SquareTrade, Upsie, etc. But.. enjoy your phone. 🤷🏻

Last edited:

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site

For someone who says they don't care what others say you definitely can't help but constantly bring it up and defend your decision. Not sure why you are so hung up on selling the product. I mean I get liking what you like but you definitely have a suspicious chip on your should to prove it to others.

Thank you, exactly.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I would never ever ever EVER put a liquid glass on my expensive phone. Glad it works for you but I wouldn't trust it at all. I prefer the Whitestone and I installed it on a coworkers S10+ and he has not had any issues with the FPS. whatever works for you is great but it doesn't work for everyone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Galaxy S10e
Front - $199 Back - $99

Galaxy S10
Front - $249 Back - $99

Galaxy S10+
Front - $269 Back - $99

So you're trying to imply that a liquid coating prevented your phone from breaking?

I've dropped lots of phones without cases or screen protectors and nothing broken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87