Good news... from Verizon?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think probably the service needed on the phone in order to work with Samsung find my mobile is not present for the Verizon model. So the web version will not be able to locate the phone.
But as Verizon branded phones people often say, no big deal it's all good.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why Verizon would not have this enable is crazy .. more function the Google's
In the end doesn't matter, because customers don't care. They are buying Verizon phone not Samsung phone I guess. US carriers have long history of removing OEM features and people don't care. Most times they do to push their own crappy cloud services to the uninformed. At the end, people still buy the phones so they have no incentive to not do that.

For the 0.0001% people who care for stuff like this, at least we have an option to buy the unlocked model which has the firmware as intended by Samsung.

For the Google one, I think it's built into Android and Verizon can't ask Samsung to probably remove that or probably part of Google play services which they can't remove.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In the end doesn't matter, because customers don't care. They are buying Verizon phone not Samsung phone I guess. US carriers have long history of removing OEM features and people don't care. Most times they do to push their own crappy cloud services to the uninformed. At the end, people still buy the phones so they have no incentive to not do that.

For the 0.0001% people who care for stuff like this, at least we have an option to buy the unlocked model which as the firmware as intended by Samsung.

Yeah I agree with you on that .

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
In the end doesn't matter, because customers don't care.

They are buying Verizon phone not Samsung phone I guess. ...Most times they do to push their own crappy cloud services to the uninformed.

...at least we have an option to buy the unlocked model which has the firmware as intended by Samsung.

For the Google one ...part of Google play services which they can't remove.

You're probably right about most customers. I've seen it time and time again and I think we all kinda deal with similar things everyday. I mean how many times have you thought, what are these people doing, they're all being lead by the nose and don't seem to care? Politics, the news, work, fashion. Honestly it's so often infuriating but you also, or at least I do, sit back and think I can't change a million minds. If they would just open their eyes and consider for one minute how ridiculous it was.

In a way buying carrier branded phones you are buying the carrier phone. You know it's coming with apps, most people don't want, and features they don't want or won't use but the carrier puts it in this neat little package. You don't have to think, they've done the thinking and made it easy. Who doesn't want easy? From hanging out here on the forms we're probably 100 times more informed than the average person carrying a phone in their pocket and you can witness this every day in the Ask a Question section. Even Samsung users don't know that Find My Mobile exists. It would be different if carriers like Verizon offered a similar service but I'm this case they're just taking something away and without explanation really. If Google blocked it that might be understandable because at least they're offering you something similar.

The sad thing about the unlocked phone is that back in the day if you had an unlocked phone you could do almost anything you wanted. Not sure if any of you remember the mobile hotspot war between users and carriers. If you had branded phones you had to pay for a service that you were really already paying for by buying the data package, what difference should it make if I share my 4GB with my kids or SO? I paid for it. Now unlocked mostly means you don't have to deal with the bloat. You might get one or two little extras but they've cut off your arm for it. Like WiFi calling and timely updates, to name two. It's great that it can do it, good luck tho trying to use it on our network.

If Android wasn't produced by Google and Google wasn't the world leader it is things might be different. I can actually imagine Google and Verizon teaming up and deciding to kill it. Google wants the world to be dependent on them for information and want to control all your data, and Verizon is the number one network with the most customers. Why not team up?

Sorry for the long post.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You're probably right about most customers. I've seen it time and time again and I think we all kinda deal with similar things everyday. I mean how many times have you thought, what are these people doing, they're all being lead by the nose and don't seem to care? Politics, the news, work, fashion. Honestly it's so often infuriating but you also, or at least I do, sit back and think I can't change a million minds. If they would just open their eyes and consider for one minute how ridiculous it was.

In a way buying carrier branded phones you are buying the carrier phone. You know it's coming with apps, most people don't want, and features they don't want or won't use but the carrier puts it in this neat little package. You don't have to think, they've done the thinking and made it easy. Who doesn't want easy? From hanging out here on the forms we're probably 100 times more informed than the average person carrying a phone in their pocket and you can witness this every day in the Ask a Question section. Even Samsung users don't know that Find My Mobile exists. It would be different if carriers like Verizon offered a similar service but I'm this case they're just taking something away and without explanation really. If Google blocked it that might be understandable because at least they're offering you something similar.

The sad thing about the unlocked phone is that back in the day if you had an unlocked phone you could do almost anything you wanted. Not sure if any of you remember the mobile hotspot war between users and carriers. If you had branded phones you had to pay for a service that you were really already paying for by buying the data package, what difference should it make if I share my 4GB with my kids or SO? I paid for it. Now unlocked mostly means you don't have to deal with the bloat. You might get one or two little extras but they've cut off your arm for it. Like WiFi calling and timely updates, to name two. It's great that it can do it, good luck tho trying to use it on our network.

If Android wasn't produced by Google and Google wasn't the world leader it is things might be different. I can actually imagine Google and Verizon teaming up and deciding to kill it. Google wants the world to be dependent on them for information and want to control all your data, and Verizon is the number one network with the most customers. Why not team up?

Sorry for the long post.

Nice write up. .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11