Nova launcher screen lock question

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just tried that and it works, but then you have to unlock your phone with your pattern instead of biometrics. I'm wondering if it is some bug, because the accessibility option in nova says the lock gesture should act like the power button, but locking my phone with the power button works correctly while the gesture doesn't

Its possible could be , are you on beta version of nova ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, not on beta. I tried switching back to the default launcher and downloaded a screen lock app from the play store that should do the same thing as the Nova gesture and it also has the same issue, so it might not actually be a Nova issue

Yeah it might be a pie thing to stay on for few seconds when Nova granted through accessibility, but when done as administrator dont understand why it turn off fingerprint but let you use face unlock.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually I turn face unlock off and fingerprint works with Nova device admin for lock screen, so maybe this option will be better then Nova accessibility.

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Actually I turn face unlock off and fingerprint works with Nova device admin for lock screen, so maybe this option will be better then Nova accessibility.

Yeah, using just fingerprint works, and it would be fine by me to use fingerprint if it was more reliable. I just wish the S10 had a rear mounted fingerprint reader

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have Nova launcher installed and use the double tap shortcut to lock the phone and turn the screen off. I started using the face unlock feature on the S10 and now when I double tap to lock the lock screen comes back on for about 5 seconds. Is there a way to fix this?

no way to fix it.its a Google implemented security feature.i recommend using GoodLock for the 5 button navbar.or use accessibility shortcut for lockscreen.i have OCD.trust me i know what im talking about.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I stopped using Nova's double tap to lock because of restrictions Android itself placed. However, using GoodLock to add a gesture or lock button on the navbar will work no issues because they're Samsung apps and are considered first party since they're OEM.

efix

Jul 15, 2019
Visit site
I have S10, same issue, but found solution. Simply installed Samsung "One Hand Operation +" app. Disabled his gestures, then Nova lock screen gestures started to work correctly

morterox

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
I have a new S10 and this same issue happens to me, it's very frustrating because I want to use the face unlock because the fingerprint is not so fast and I was used to double tap to lock with every other phone I had :'(

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using Nova's double tap to lock because of restrictions Android itself placed. However, using GoodLock to add a gesture or lock button on the navbar will work no issues because they're Samsung apps and are considered first party since they're OEM.
There is no issue with nova and double tap to sleep. You have to choose accessibility for the mode. Doesn't require a pattern or pin to unlock, simply place your finger print on the sensor and goes straight to your homescreen.
caf286b95f57e4c3ea02fed99a5bf74b.jpg
01f49a3b661442f71d28cfb2053c0fc5.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
There is no issue with nova and double tap to sleep. You have to choose accessibility for the mode. Doesn't require a pattern or pin to unlock, simply place your finger print on the sensor and goes straight to your homescreen.
caf286b95f57e4c3ea02fed99a5bf74b.jpg
01f49a3b661442f71d28cfb2053c0fc5.jpg
I didn't realize they added that. I stopped using it back in Oreo. If you'd notice that feature says it needs Pie. Thanks for the heads up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87