Fingerprint recognition s10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

S10 - I brought plastic front and back covers. Only thing is fingerprint doesnt work through it!!! Does anyone have a glass protecter and can let me know if finger works through this? Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What kind of plastic you bought?
It comes with a preinstall film screen protector did you take that off? White stone dome is only glass screen protector I use that full glued.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It's been shown that dry finger tips are an issue with this FPS. If you are washing away all of your natural oils and thoroughly drying them you are going to have issue. Lotion is a good remedy for this. You could also try registering the same print twice, with and without washing your hands.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Lol, That sounds crazy.

Yeah, I guess it might.

Being sonic the issue with some screen protectors is there is air trapped between the finger and the sensor. Similarly dry skin can suffer similar contact issues. The liquid provides more even contact and the sonics can distinguish between flesh and liquid filled cavities. So cold dry hands, put a little spit on it... hahaha

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
On S10+, the upgrade made no difference whatsoever. With a tempered glass protector, a fingerprint still doesn't register.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
On S10+, the upgrade made no difference whatsoever. With a tempered glass protector, a fingerprint still doesn't register.

I disagree. I'm using the Zagg piece, and it works just fine. (That means that the FPS is no worse with the Zagg than it was without. And I can use my thumb to unlock and trigger Samsung Pay.)

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the zagg hybrid screen protector and it works well. Since this last fos update it works almost perfectly and much faster.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
That Zagg is $60 installed at the mall store, with replacement warranty. Either way, it's a great piece. We have two of them, one on S9+ and one on my S10+.

It took them a year or so to figure out how to handle the Samsung curved edge screen. That's the main reason I went naked with my S9+ last year--nothing worked, nothing fit. But now they've figured it all out.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
as does the Zagg--and the Zagg is incredibly easier to install, not to mention not being a cult product.
Whitestone a cult product? I've never heard that one before. I just find them the best glass full coverage which is important with the full screen. Installation is actually quite simple if you follow the directions. On my wife and daughters iPhones I go with ZAGG because with flat screens the Whitestone is not as advantageous.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed from the update is, none of my fingerprint accesses worked afterwards. My credit union app splashed a notice and allowed me to just accept and continue on but all of my credit card apps stopped, Samsung pay started messing up... haven't checked Google Pay yet but I should. After adding another fingerprint to get Samsung Pay back up and running, I then had to reaccept fingerprint on all of my apps, except Bank of America. They seem to have just turned it off, I'm guessing just for the S10 or maybe for all Samsungs, since the announcement just read; Do to issues with Samsung's fingerprint....

Anyway, I'm not better for the update. Maybe a little worse since I lost the ability on one app. The strange and kind of Jacked up thing is, this all happened after the update. Shouldn't have happened before the "security" patch, and afterwards been all access?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38