Why is it when you block a spam caller And they call back Your phone still rings?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
when you block a spam caller.
And they call back.
Your phone still rings.
Blocking somebody in Google is a total joke..waste of time..when you block somebody.
They should be blocked.
Phone don't ring.
No notification whatsoever.

Does Google not know what they are doing.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I tend to really screw with unwanted callers.
Don't get many call backs...
Be creative and have some fun with them.
Remember when they call you it's game on...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How exactly are you blocking the spam caller? On my Pixel 3 XL using Google's own Phone app, it works well. If you have an S10, that's probably not Google's spam blocking you're using.

Also, are you certain the same spam number is calling back? Spammers often cycle through or spoof a bunch of numbers, so it may be the same spammer using a different number. No one has figured out how to reliably block robocallers who do this yet.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You know when they call.
And you hit block number.
They must have you on automatic redial.
Cause the start calling back from the number you just blocked.

I've had a pixel phone.
Didn't care for it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whether or not you cared for the Pixel is besides the point -- the call blocking method is what's important. Samsung's call blocking method is most likely different from Google's (because native call blocking is dependent on the phone app), causing the phone to ring at least once before the call is rejected. I found this thread about that: https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...eject-list-still-rings-when-they-call-me.html. Send feedback to Samsung about it.

It looks like Google's Phone app might become available on more and more non-Pixel phones, so if it becomes available on your S10, that might be worth trying: https://9to5google.com/2020/04/11/google-dialer-phone-app-android-phones/

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You know when they call.
And you hit block number.
They must have you on automatic redial.
Cause the start calling back from the number you just blocked.

I've had a pixel phone.
Didn't care for it.
Is that number on the list in phone app settings as blocked?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
when you block a spam caller.
And they call back.
Your phone still rings.
Blocking somebody in Google is a total joke..waste of time..when you block somebody.
They should be blocked.
Phone don't ring.
No notification whatsoever.

Does Google not know what they are doing.

your post really does not make sense. block someone in google? are you talking about calls or email? or are you talking about two different things? or are you using google voice?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
your post really does not make sense. block someone in google? are you talking about calls or email? or are you talking about two different things? or are you using google voice?

Both.
I got spam, at least a day.
Women want to meet me.
Don't know why at my age.

People wanting to sell me everything.

And calls.
Don't listen to them.
Know it has to be Medicare calls.
Ones I talked to..i told emni wasn't old enough for Medicare.
They just keep calling.
Total harassment.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Check it out in the notification panel long press it and it will open to options you can allow such as calls and notifications , you can customize it .

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
You are actually wasting your time blocking spam callers, because guess what, they use different numbers all the time. They may use the same number but it's not theirs because they spoofed it.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you thought of just not answering and instead dismiss the call? If it is someone you what to talk to, they should leave a message. Personally, if I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.