Videos and photos in wrong order in gallery when trying to post in instagram??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the exact problem. I have just regular photos that are in order when I look in the gallery, but when I go to upload them to Facebook and it opens the gallery, only the most recent day or so are on top. The rest are all over the place. I've been screenshotting the ones I want to post so they are first when I go to post but that's a pain. I thought I was the only one, but this has happened as long as I've had the phone two months ago).
You did a transfer from another phone also?

ZiskaH

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. Just smart switched from Galaxy s9 + to Galaxy 20 Note Ultra and just went through the first update on the 20 Ultra. All my pictures and Albums are fine in the Gallery UNTIL
I am trying to post pictures on a Facebook post, Twitter, or on Instagram. No problems with Facebook Messenger which is strange?
I can't no longer choose the album I wish to upload from either. Really annoying :(

Help please. thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. Just smart switched from Galaxy s9 + to Galaxy 20 Note Ultra and just went through the first update on the 20 Ultra. All my pictures and Albums are fine in the Gallery UNTIL
I am trying to post pictures on a Facebook post, Twitter, or on Instagram. No problems with Facebook Messenger which is strange?
I can't no longer choose the album I wish to upload from either. Really annoying :(

Help please. thanks
Hi, welcome to AC!
You tried some of the steps above?

ZiskaH

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
I just figured out what is happening on my phone............ the "scrambled up" pictures that show and are all out of sort ARE the pictures/Albums stored on my SD card. I just deleted one folder from my SD card and those pictures will no longer show up now when trying to post to social media! So less wrong order now. But WHY would they show up all out of sorts?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just figured out what is happening on my phone............ the "scrambled up" pictures that show and are all out of sort ARE the pictures/Albums stored on my SD card. I just deleted one folder from my SD card and those pictures will no longer show up now when trying to post to social media! So less wrong order now. But WHY would they show up all out of sorts?
Did you try to store them from your sd card back to internal storage ? Maybe you have a corrupt SD card .

ZiskaH

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Nope, didn't do anything. Just popped the Sd card in, it registered and all was good until I tried to post pics on social media and then internal storage and SD card storage is getting all mixed up. I looked into the Storage situation..... all is nicely separated and sorted. No problem when I post pictures on text messages or Facebook Messenger.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope, didn't do anything. Just popped the Sd card in, it registered and all was good until I tried to post pics on social media and then internal storage and SD card storage is getting all mixed up. I looked into the Storage situation..... all is nicely separated and sorted. No problem when I post pictures on text messages or Facebook Messenger.
Hmm strange , maybe @B. Diddy might know something?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The order might be based on the most recently edited/created, rather than when the photo was actually taken. Moving or copying a photo file will actually change the creation date of the file to the day you did that, so even if it's an old photo, it might show up as one of the most recent.

Toni Daly

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
No its not working lol! I think i need to redo my smart switch lol ! Annoying as its my first samsung i just wanted it to be smooth switch over :-(

Don't redovthe smart switch. I did it 3 times and still had the same problem. Just randomised in a differnt order. I noticed when i go un to to gallery and click recent its randomised there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty