Why im returning my Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the store. I know BB and Verizon have minimal brackets on their devices. While you can't palm them fully in your hand you're able to pick up the phone and try every feature(fingerprint scanner excluded) without having the device being attached to the display.
Seriously, how do they expect us to get a feel for the phone when it's bolted down to the display and you can't even lift it up on a tether or something? Can't test the camera, can't test the flashlight, etc. I get they worry about theft, but this is ridiculous.

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Seriously, how do they expect us to get a feel for the phone when it's bolted down to the display and you can't even lift it up on a tether or something? Can't test the camera, can't test the flashlight, etc. I get they worry about theft, but this is ridiculous.

BestBuy near me has them on a tether. Easy to fondle and play with it.

RevePro

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm saying though! I clicked this being worried.
This made me chuckle. I really thought this was going to be about some serious issues to make someone want to send it back in such a short period of time. Made me think the phone was absolutely horrible for a second.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why is gboard better? I just tried it and it looks almost identical to the samsung keyboard?
Simpler, better swipe, word prediction is better. It comes down to preference and I try other keyboards but Gboard works best for my typing.

Others like Swiftkey or Samsung so there is no one universal keyboard which everyone will like.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately guys im returning my S20 Plus and here is why= For one i really hate how the volume keys are on the right side i just cant stand it im so use to them being on the left like my s10 plus it just feels better to me. That is my biggest complaint about the phone. The flashlight at level 5 is not as bright as my S10 plus at level 5 and i use the flashlight a lot on my phone. The Samsung keyboard does not show the emojis at the bottom left like it does on my S10 plus and that is a bummer for me instead its at the top of the keys which i find inconvenient and yes i tried everything possible to get the emojis to show up at the bottom left corner of the keyboard. Im gonna see how the Note 20 looks like i hope they dont put the volume keys on the right side again i mean did they really think everyone was just gonna be fine with the keys on the right when all the previous Samsung phones were on the left?!?!

Yeah I was a little bummed that Samsung switched the buttons to the right side right after I ordered mine too 🤣🤣👀. Jerks

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Simpler, better swipe, word prediction is better. It comes down to preference and I try other keyboards but Gboard works best for my typing.

Others like Swiftkey or Samsung so there is no one universal keyboard which everyone will like.

One thing that keeps me from using gboard is that using the space bar for cursor control only allows for correction on the line you're on. I like that Samsung's keyboard lets you go anywhere in the text field. I haven't use swiftkey in years.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
As other have already stated. There are a plethora of alternative options for you.
I do suggest using the 14 day window, that most carriers and such give you. Thus, allowing you to fully 'test' the new device.

Totally agree, you really need to give it a good 10 days or so to see how the battery life is and to get used to the device to see how it works for you. The more I've used the phone the more I'm enjoying it.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
All the stores have them on the security puck/bracket as well.

NO; they don't. Yesterday I drove into town to the GMC dealer and stopped at a Verizon store; NO 20+, just an Ultra, checked Wally World; Ultra only. SO......

Granted, I could have driven 55 miles further north to another Verizon store, and hit up a Best buy, but came home to wait for the delivery of the one I ordered. And for sure, I could have driven 2.5 hours to SLC or Boise, but that was out of the question.

And it is going back anyway.....

Not due to weight or feel, that is great and I really liked the looks of the phone; but it will not register my thumb print regardless of what I try. Called customer support and their answer was just return it. Not sure if I would call that customer support or something I cannot print here. And due to this lack of customer support, I'm not sure I want anything to do with Samsung.

Back to the drawing board for a new phone, cause I hate my LG G7! And I hate the idea of going to iPhone....but what else is there? (Rhetorical.)

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
You will get used to where the buttons are. On the note 10 they put all the buttons on the left side of the phone. I don't know why they keep changing it, maybe they are testing the market. Your reasons are a little weak to me for returning the phone, but to each their own.

it's not going to be getting Android 13