Robbed by Samsung

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So this is interesting...I sent my phone in on a trade in direct with Samsung. Handed the package directly to Fedex. Got a notification from Samsung today saying the box was empty. They are insisting there in nothing they can do. If you do a trade in with Samsung, take pictures of yourself handing it to Fedex.

Attachments

• Trade In Samsung B.JPG
    Trade In Samsung B.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 32

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Man! I have to turn my Note 10+ soon. I'm going to take a lot photo... Have you file anything with Fedex?. Make me little nervous.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
So this is interesting...I sent my phone in on a trade in direct with Samsung. Handed the package directly to Fedex. Got a notification from Samsung today saying the box was empty. They are insisting there in nothing they can do. If you do a trade in with Samsung, take pictures of yourself handing it to Fedex.

More than likely it was a human being that robbed you and not the company. Ask them for the photos or videos on their end showing the receipt and unboxing.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So far I've traded in two devices and just before I shipped each a story like this popped up and I was on pins and needles but both went smoothly. This i think it's the first time I've seen a story where the device just didn't arrive. I think I've seen two where they said the device wouldn't start same one where they said it was the wrong device. It's crazy that stuff like this happens with such a big company.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
It may indeed have been empty when it arrived at Samsung. Someone along the way could have opened the box, taken the phone and resealed it. No telling what happened. Was your return covered by shipping insurance?

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I always declare at least the value of the trade in when shipping it in if not more. Just in case something like this happens.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Who in the world wants to steal an old used Note 10 Plus ?

They wouldn't know what is inside until they opened it. Once the box was opened they probably would not just stand there trying to figure out what model it was. Open box, take phone, reseal box like nothing ever happened.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I always declare at least the value of the trade in when shipping it in if not more. Just in case something like this happens.
Yeah that's fine when you ship yourself, but all trade ins you get a pre paid shipping label you need to use. Sure you can argue that you can pay yourself, ship with a different label with insurance etc. Even that case it can create problem since Samsung can say you didn't ship using original label etc.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

The tracking info should show the weight of the package. I would think that would show the box was not empty. At least that would prove at some point in time after Fedex received the package something was in the box.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
When you dropped it off to mail it, they weigh it... This should be proof enough that at least something was in the package when it was mailed. Did you get a receipt for the package? If not then the tracking number should show what the weight of the package was...