Samsung S21+ Bluetooth Contacts Issue

emr88

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
I paired my Samsung Galaxy S21+ several times with my 2019 Audi. When I return to the car, the Bluetooth connection is re-established but my Contacts are not shared with the vehicle. I have to manually go to Settings-Connections-Bluetooth-Audi MMi-Settings and enable Contact access again. Is this a bug? Is there any way to have the phone permanently remember to allow the Audi access my contacts via Bluetooth? I have un-paired and re-paired the phone to the Audi multiple times but it does not solve the problem. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, pay attention to the phone's screen (as well as the car's screen) during the pairing process to look for the Contact sharing request.

emr88

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
Yes, it did download the contacts a few days ago. As for the pairing request, I allowed access to contacts and messages.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade and have the same issue. It connects to the phone but doesn't have any contacts. When I get a message it just annoices the 7 digit number. Messages onscreen are displayed by the phone number. No contact names

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2017 Jeep Renegade and have the same issue. It connects to the phone but doesn't have any contacts. When I get a message it just annoices the 7 digit number. Messages onscreen are displayed by the phone number. No contact names

Just to be sure -- you're not seeing any request on the car or phone screen for contact sharing during the pairing process?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just to be sure -- you're not seeing any request on the car or phone screen for contact sharing during the pairing process?
Pretty sure I did, but it doesn't load the contacts:( I could try to unattached and repair later when I get some free time

emr88

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
I have been using Android phones for years with my vehicles without any issue. Yes, I do have photos for some contacts but not the majority. I downloaded Contacts again today but when I returned to the Audi 40 minutes later it said there were no contacts available and asked me if I wanted to download them again. I view this as a bug: if I go into the Bluetooth settings for the Audi and enable Contacts access, the phone does not remember the Contacts setting. I have to re-enable Contacts access every time I start the car.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes my wife is having the same issue with her new 2021 Kia Soltice and new samsung S21. The phone Bluetooth settings for contacts keeps turning off even though I keep turning it on. But no problems with my S21 and my 2019 Kia Sportage. It is a bug!

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Similar problem here, 2018 Subaru Forester. Only my car doesn't sync contacts or call history now. Even with contact sharing enabled. It's done it before but stopped working a few weeks ago and haven't got it to work since.

Patrick Peace

Dec 8, 2021
Visit site
Similar problem here, 2018 Subaru Forester. Only my car doesn't sync contacts or call history now. Even with contact sharing enabled. It's done it before but stopped working a few weeks ago and haven't got it to work since.

Same thing happens with my 2013 Toyota Camry and 2016 Kia Sedona. It worked fine before but now the Toyota says transfer failed and the Kia says no contacts.