Apple announcement

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
EN13319 Certification for Diving accessories Depth gauges and combined time measuring devices with no exceptions...

well let’s hope it’s not just marketing hype. Doubt Apple is willing to put divers lives on the line for hype ;)

again I think Apple wants to compete with Garmin and Polar. Many sports enthusiasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8M8OOe3SV4

They are mostly made of the same materials and marketed at the same people. I don't see the Apple watch ultra surviving exposure to salt water any better than the Watch 5 pro without the same level of aftercare

Maybe everything they say is true... Time will tell but don't blindly fall for apples marketing hype.

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Apple: Yo, we heard you, you don't like notches. So instead of a notch, we're giving you this floating island that not only further intrudes into your screen space, but also makes a slice of otherwise visible screen space completely useless! You're welcome.

(And they would likely say that with no sarcasm at all)
Let's be honest the notifications idea derived from Androids pill notifications, but I like the idea of expanded and interactive notifications. I don't believe it "takes up" much space if it actually has a function. It's kind of their way of combating Samsung pin windows feature. Although less functional it's very cool looking and simple enough to navigate.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Bearr in mind these aren't my complaints, they're general complaints I've seen from reviewers and such. I don't find it heavy either especially coming from a watch 4 classic.
I hear you and that's why I rather hear from people with that buy the actual product and not those that are just reviewing. Although I haven't personally heard the heavier comments. I know personally I assume it would be heavier until I actually put on the watch myself. Battery life alone makes it worth it.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Let's be honest the notifications idea derived from Androids pill notifications, but I like the idea of expanded and interactive notifications. I don't believe it "takes up" much space if it actually has a function. It's kind of their way of combating Samsung pin windows feature. Although less functional it's very cool looking and simple enough to navigate.
I come from the time where bezels were a thing and 100% of the screen space was usable. I've loathed anything notched or hole punched and refused to buy anything with them until it became impossible in a decent flagship. I don't see that opinion changing any time soon, even after having a phone with one.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I hear you and that's why I like the design. I feel that they did the best they could with it will trying to keep face id. We know from Samsung with the iris scanner that there is only so much you can do to hide the cameras it requires. Real world use will show how practical the island is, but I believe it will be a standout feature that a lot of people will appreciate.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
T-mobile's trade-in deals are crazy good. I'm not even an iPhone person but I'm thinking of trading in my pixel 6 pro or some of my old galaxy s phones. I can use it for work or sell it for a higher profit than the traded in phone.
Haven't seen the deals yet

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The interesting thing when doing a little Googling seems as though max nit of 1700 is only obtainable with Adaptive Brightness on and only under direct sunlight will the phone basically raise the brightness to Super Saiyan brightness.

"Extra brightness" it seems will just give you that bump over max brightness... with Adaptive Brightness turned off though which is lower than the max that Adaptive Brightness can give you. But it's a constant max level.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s22_ultra-review-2382p3.php

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra

Yeah auto brightness on gives you max brightness but not we gave the toggle for extra brightness when auto off wonder if it gives more ? These phones are bright enough anymore brightness we going go blind from our screens 🤣

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I usually go back and forth between Apple and Android, simply switching my SIM card back and forth. I have an S22 Ultra and a 13 Pro Max. I switch pretty frequently. I am somewhat interested in the 14 Pro Max, and trading in the 13 PM makes it pretty affordable, but Apple's change to eSIM only has me concerned. I will not be able to switch back and forth by simply moving my SIM card. Anyone have experience with SIM switching using only eSIM? I am with AT&T but toying with moving to T-Mobile.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I usually go back and forth between Apple and Android, simply switching my SIM card back and forth. I have an S22 Ultra and a 13 Pro Max. I switch pretty frequently. I am somewhat interested in the 14 Pro Max, and trading in the 13 PM makes it pretty affordable, but Apple's change to eSIM only has me concerned. I will not be able to switch back and forth by simply moving my SIM card. Anyone have experience with SIM switching using only eSIM? I am with AT&T but toying with moving to T-Mobile.
I didn't see all spec's they took the sim card out only esim?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Apple: Yo, we heard you, you don't like notches. So instead of a notch, we're giving you this floating island that not only further intrudes into your screen space, but also makes a slice of otherwise visible screen space completely useless! You're welcome.

(And they would likely say that with no sarcasm at all)
You've perfectly explained why I don't like it. LOL

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't like and don't use Samsung pin windows for the reason that they provide extra unnecessary clutter.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah auto brightness on gives you max brightness but not we gave the toggle for extra brightness when auto off wonder if it gives more ? These phones are bright enough anymore brightness we going go blind from our screens ������

Yeah, I never have a problem seeing the screen outside in bright sunlight now, so additional brightness isn't something I need.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I never have a problem seeing the screen outside in bright sunlight now, so additional brightness isn't something I need.

Yeah, 1500 nit was perfectly fine on my N20U under the south Florida sun. So the mention of 1700 on the S22u didn't mean anything to me when upgrading.

But it will definitely be a nice upgrade for iPhone because I definitely saw the difference on them.

Wow I just read the Apple Watch Ultra screen has a 2000 nit max. That will definitely be nice in the outdoors.

Last edited: