Samsung Galaxy S3 Will Not Boot

Aric Leather

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello. My Mom's friend from work thinks I can fix any technology just because I can build computers and hack my portable devices and such...

He gave me his Galaxy S3 (Bell) and said that it wouldn't charge, then asked me to fix it. Now I had fixed only one Android phone before, so I looked for a few problems. Turns out, it not charging wasn't the problem. When you try to boot the phone, it shows a (almost out) battery logo with a static circle in the center. After doing some reading online, this happens after a bad update or flash in odin. A few minutes after, the phone tried to boot, it got to the glowing samsung logo, and then went black. The next time I tried to power it on, the same thing happened. So I attempted to enter recovery with Volume-Up, Home, and Power, and I held it for 5 minutes, nothing. I downloaded the clean rom for the phone, loaded it into ODIN, then attempted to go into download mode with Volume-Down, Home, Power... Nothing, either. The last thing I thought of, was the battery maybe bulging. So I placed the batter on a flat surface, and pressed down on one end, and the other end raised off the table by a little bit. Just to see if the surface was indeed flat, I tried with my friends battery, and it didn't lift off the table.

About an hour ago, the phone's screen lit up with the battery logo, with a loading bar at the bottom. So my first reaction was to pick up the phone and enter download mode, but for a few seconds some text lit up on the screen (a warning or something), then nothing again.

So I don't know what to do. Should I just recommend he get a new battery?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried spinning the battery on the flat surface? If the battery is slightly bulged it will spin easily, indicating that it's bad. In that case you should recommend a new battery. That's a problem that you'd want to solve first before moving on to possible booting issues.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Murphy Olawale

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
please i have a similar problem. I recently bought this samsung galaxy s3(AT&T) from a friend. when i started using it, i notice it does not see network when am inside any building, so i thought of getting an appilcation that would boost the signal strength. I bust into this app called arizapatch online for reviving network. i downloaded it and followed all the process for it installation. After the installation, it ask me to reboot which i did. Sadly, the phone is not just booting again. it says "could not do normal booting" and some other stuff. I tried to flash the rom (because i can boot into download mode ) with various firmware i got from sammobile using odin. But Odin keeps failing during the flashing process. I dont know what to do again and this is really frustrating me. Please, any advice, suggestion or recommendation would be highly appreciated.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
it says "could not do normal booting" and some other stuff.
It would be helpful if you list the exact message that's shown on the screen.
But Odin keeps failing during the flashing process.
Please provide the complete Odin log from the session - put the cursor in the Messages window, press CTRL+A, press CTRL+C, then paste (CTRL+V) the information in your next post.

Also please provide the link to the firmware that you're flashing.

What firmware version did the phone have on it when you first got it? 4.3?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress