Txt Notifications

J-Rod8

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm not getting any text notifications on the status bar. I have to open the message app to show that I have recived a message. I don't run any other txt app and I have the notifications on. I did change sim cards earlier this week and it seemed to work for a day or so and then it stopped. Sometimes it will sudenly work and my show the message twice. All settings on the phone seem to set correctly, could it be with the sim card or carrier?
Thanks,
J-Rod

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You have notifications turned on in the Messaging app?
And you also have the regular settings for LED, vibration, etc in the system settings?

When did the problem start?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

J-Rod8

May 9, 2014
Visit site
The problem started a few days ago. I tested a new phone that I bought for my wife. I put my sim card in her phone and used it for a couple of days until her sim card came in. When I put my sim card back into my phone my phone exploded with notificiations from all apps, facebook, e-mail etc. I really noticed it after that. I start rebooting the phone etc. with no luck. I found the settings and all notification settings should indicate that it will notify my when I receive a text. What's weird is this morning I had her new phone working and was sending "test" txt to see if it would show the notification. It did it once and it was a minute or two later from when I sent it from her phone. It also did it with a txt alert while at work and it showed the message twice in the status bar. I contacted Straight Talk and they said that "this is not a network problem anymore." And to check the phones settings.

Last edited: