My Samsung Galaxy S3 mini won't let me move any apps HELP What should I do?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy s3 mini wont let me move any apps HELP

I have had my phone for 2 years now and had a 4gb class 2 card on which I could easily move all apps. I decided to buy a bigger sd card ( 16gb class 10) , to have more space since the s3 mini has very little internal storage. I transferd the files from sd to sd with the computer no problem, but when I put it in the phone and tried to move the apps I realised that it wouldnt give me the option like before. I even formatted the card both on pc and on the phone. I tried putting the old card back and now it wont work on that either. I dont think its an update problem since s3 minis cannot be upgraded. I searched online but cannot find anything. I 'm in Italy don't know of that changes anything, I did get the phone in London but it worked fine until i changed the sd card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 mini wont let me move any apps HELP

Welcome to Android Central! Did you move the apps back to Phone Storage first before swapping the cards? That might be the problem, since simply copying the files from SD to SD might have confused the system. I wonder if the symlink that was created when you first moved the app to SD got broken when you copied the files to another card.

Try uninstalling one of those apps (and deleting the corresponding data from the SD card), then reinstalling the app and seeing if you can move it to SD this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress