No text reflow in the browser?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Some are giving tips on how to enable it in the comments of the video.
If the tips they suggested do not work, it's a possiblity the reflow might work like it does on the Razr Maxx.
After zooming in to the size that you want, you have to double tap the screen an additional time to enable text reflow.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
From Youtube comments on the video:

"Text resizing in browser:
In browser, hit the touch sensitive menu button on the phone, scroll down to settings, select advanced and then go to auto-fit page and tick the box. done"

Reactions: b0btech

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
From Youtube comments on the video:

"Text resizing in browser:
In browser, hit the touch sensitive menu button on the phone, scroll down to settings, select advanced and then go to auto-fit page and tick the box. done"
This does not turn on text reflow for me. Does it work for anyone?

Reader mode works well enough for longer articles, but it only does one post at a time on forum sites.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
yes that does work.try it.

from MY SIII in sunny FL.
I have, of course, but it does not work for me and many others. Some say it is a problem on all or many Samsung ICS phones (stock ROMs). Double tap to zoom makes the page and text larger of course, but it doesn't make the text reflow. The text breaks remain the same as prior to double tapping. If you pinch to zoom in larger, you end up having to scroll left and right to read the larger text because it does not reflow.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Forget to mention checking Auto-fit pages in Settings < Advanced will fix the problem. Go to Settings from the browser.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Forget to mention checking Auto-fit pages in Settings < Advanced will fix the problem. Go to Settings from the browser.
No, as I mentioned above, that does not work, neither for me nor for a lot of others. Is it possible that this is a difference among versions? I'm on Verizon.

dmanlee

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've been wondering about this missing feature too. I first noticed it when I had my Nexus S 4G & I upgraded it to ICS (CM9) from Gingerbread (CM7). I really think this is something Google took out of all versions of ICS & cuz I vaguely remember reading about it somewhere. I think it possibly had something to do w/ patent issues... either ways, I'm blaming crApple for it. It's a real PITA to navigate & read full websites w/o this functionality bc u could in essence adjust the size of the text & column width... ounds like Opera might be our best option now

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure why they removed the text reflow. Having the text reflow is deal breaker for me, and is the reason why I passed on the S3s.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've been wondering about this missing feature too. I first noticed it when I had my Nexus S 4G & I upgraded it to ICS (CM9) from Gingerbread (CM7). I really think this is something Google took out of all versions of ICS & cuz I vaguely remember reading about it somewhere. I think it possibly had something to do w/ patent issues... either ways, I'm blaming crApple for it. It's a real PITA to navigate & read full websites w/o this functionality bc u could in essence adjust the size of the text & column width... ounds like Opera might be our best option now

Text reflow still works on the Maxx running ICS. Therefore, I doubt it's a patent issue. It doesn't reflow automatically on my Maxx. I have to double tap the screen, after I've zoomed in, to force it to reflow. I haven't tried it on the SGSIII

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

furnace

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Text reflow definitely does not work on my Galaxy SIII on Sprint, bought 8/4/12. I just went back to he Sprint store and reflow works on the Evo LTE version of Ice Cream Sandwich.

I followed the above instructions of Settings> Advanced> Autofit Pages and I guarantee reflow does not work.

Please help!

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I to miss text reflow that I had on my EVO. Chrome does not do text reflow. However if you go to settings / accessibility you can scale the default web text size to what you like. Then everything kind of reflows to that size on double tap of a column. I guess the standard browser also lets you set a default text size the columns will go to on double tap. But neither has the flexibility to upsize or downsize text on the fly depending on reading conditions.

I am waiting for a 99% working CM10 ROM that I can update the phone to so I can get this feature back.

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Text re-flow does not work on my Verizon GS3. Some people may be confused, all GS3's should re-size the text a bit when you double tap to zoom in. However, when you pinch and zoom in beyond that, the text does not reflow and resize to fit your zoomed-in view. My old Droid Incredible did re-flow and I miss this functionality.

Opera browser does re-flow like the Dinc. Dolphin Lite does not.

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh darn, trying to decide to either get the SG3 or the HTC DNA! But no way can I get SG3 if if doesn't
do text reflow!! DNA is such an awesome phone, but I really need the security of having extra batteries
and removable storage! I need a new phone bad, so tired of Thunderbolt acting up! :confused:

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Even my LG MOTION 4G on Metro does text reflow never knew what to call it.

I pinch to expand text, then double tap and it "reflows" to fit the page at the larger size into nice columns .

Amazed that the S3s S4 minis, and S4 don't have this, they are mildly retarded smartphones, lol.

I need an 8 Megapixel camera instead of the 5 Megapixel I have now in the Motion, but like the features and smaller size of the Motion.

How can Samsung NOT have text Reflow with all those other features?

Last edited: