First ring low then sounds jump up - any fix for this?

scarce10

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that I am also having this issue on my T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (no root). Always something when you switch to a new phone!

I tried all the settings mentioned above to no avail. Hoping for a fix in the next firmware upgrade.

-m

DevilDuck81

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
this cannot be fixed on unrooted phone. The developers made it with no options to fix this

the phone should first be rooted, then you need to download a custom ROM and finally download Phone.apk and and copy it to your system/app

Don't do it if you are not sure what I'm talking about. It's a risky thing and may brick your device

Google it first and read everything about it before you do it. I have Samsung Galaxy SIII and have fixed this issue using the same method

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
this cannot be fixed on unrooted phone. The developers made it with no options to fix this

the phone should first be rooted, then you need to download a custom ROM and finally download Phone.apk and and copy it to your system/app

Don't do it if you are not sure what I'm talking about. It's a risky thing and may brick your device

Google it first and read everything about it before you do it. I have Samsung Galaxy S3 and have fixed this issue using the same method

I haven't tried it but have read the thread. A custom ROM is NOT required - just root and custom recovery (ClockWorkMod Recovery).

BTW the link to the thread has changed since XDA has moved the forums around:
[MOD] No Increasing Ringtone + HOW to ! - At&t S3 - xda-developers

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
While it's midly annoying I would never flash my phone to an unsupported rom just to fix this issue. I'm a tech so I'm not against flashing other rom's per se just not really worth it for me as this issue isn't a huge one really. I'm more interested in Sammy fixing the calendar notification issue. I want it to be able to use my mp3's.

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sorry i missed this thread and posted one with same question. it should definately be optional. just hope enough people complain for it to be in next update. it ruins my ringtone :( grr android is supposed to be about bein in control and samsung have to ruin it

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering about this. Thought something was messed up with the phone. I kinda like it. A gentle ringtone for about five seconds, which usually gives me time to answer the phone before it starts screaming at me at full volume.

Definitely think it should be an option though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
yeah i use an mp3 as ringtone though + this fade in ruins it :(

I saw your other thread, are you talking about a gradual fade up or are you talking about what I'm mentioning here where the first ring starts at a much lower volume then it suddendly jumps up to the volume you have set?

I ask because there is a setting for sounds to start low and slowly ramp up, like for the alarm for example so it wakes you more gently then a sudden burst of sound. That is a different thing and is an option that can be turned off. The ring volume jump however appears to be some form of bug.

Rev.

lisros

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Now that my phone number has been ported over I called myself and noticed the first ring sounds out very low then jumps up to regular volume. I googled it and have seen others confirm this behaviour but I don't see any solutions. Anyone know? None of my previous phones every did that, and it's not the end of the world, but if I could fix it that would be great.

Rev.
This works for me:
1) Set volume in settings on Galaxy to lowest lewel (not loudless).
2) Install app: Escalating Ring from Play Store
3) mark in settings in app: 'The volume will start from the Start volume and increase.
And set settings in this to eg interval between volume increases to 5 sec and volume max to 7 ticks.

MrAudio

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing that smart ringer control app man. That did the trick. I love making my own ringtones but that stupid ascending bug was really killing it for me.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
wow great find Omar thanks :)
just have to wait for someone to ring now :)
pity about the status bar icon.. i know for a fact they can be hidden just by making them black...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
FYI i asked the dev to make the statusbar icon transparent and the update is released today.
nice guy :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

erosinelysium

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Seems good. Can we use the Jelly Bean option to hide notifications for it? Would that keep it in memory or not?

EDIT
yeah, you can. I rebooted and the increasing ring is still disabled.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2