My Apps Can't Find My SD Card on the GS3

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded several apps to my new GS3, but they cannot find my sd card where backups are located. I have also downloaded two file managers and they cannot find my sd card either. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do so they can find them? I am using a 64 gb card that worked fine in my Evo 3D. Thanks.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
A few observations I made with my 64GB SD card.
When I first installed it, it didn't show up even when USB cabled to my PC. In checking I found that the mounting slot for the card doesn't always lock it in place. It is a bit flaky and you have to play with the card insertion until it doesn't spring back out a tiny bit.
Once I was sure the card was properly inserted it did show up on my PC, in the My Files app pre-installed on the phone, and Root Explorer App once I rooted the phone.
I simply connected the phone via USB cable to my Win7 OS PC and opened the file manager and dragged music and image files to the extSdCard and everything works just fine.
I used a new 64GB SD card that had not been in any other device so I don't know if you need to reformat in your case. I didn't have to format in my case.
I am sure there are real wizards on the forum that will give you more help shortly.

Reactions: f1nzup

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! I was able to copy the backup file to the phone's sd card and the app found it, so I am back in business. I appreciate your help. :D

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded several apps to my new GS3, but they cannot find my sd card where backups are located. I have also downloaded two file managers and they cannot find my sd card either. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do so they can find them? I am using a 64 gb card that worked fine in my Evo 3D. Thanks.

That's something with Android. I have been looking into it since I got the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums