Cradle charger disappointment.

neoflasher

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been a bb user for the last few years and that is one thing that i liked about my 9930. The desktop charger would charge the phone via 2 contacts on the bottom of the phone. My galaxy s3(although I love everything else) has to be basically be plugged into a plug and that is just sticking up. Is it me or does it seem like this will eventually damage the plug or something? Don't understand how a phone so advanced couldn't have a better cradle charging method.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I have been a bb user for the last few years and that is one thing that i liked about my 9930. The desktop charger would charge the phone via 2 contacts on the bottom of the phone. My galaxy s3(although I love everything else) has to be basically be plugged into a plug and that is just sticking up. Is it me or does it seem like this will eventually damage the plug or something? Don't understand how a phone so advanced couldn't have a better cradle charging method.

The official wireless charging dock is supposed to be out in September.

Alternatively there is already video showing someone hacking the touchstone charging coil from a palm pre into the GSIII and charging on a touchstone.

In general the mobile phone industry is moving away from proprietary charging connectors to the microUSB standard which IMHO is a good thing. All of the existing chargers for the three smart phones in my family will also charge the GSIII so after Aug 1 I'll have plenty of spares.

Now that I think of it, with the contact points inside the back of the phone that the wireless charging back cover will use, there is no reason that a third party couldn't make a replacement back cover with contacts at the bottom edge that internally route up to those and pair with a pogo pin dock... :cool:

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I was disappointed with the lack of magnetic charging contacts when I got my BB Torch 9800. However, it has been a non issue even after almost 3 years of use with the cradle. Now that it's retired to a bedside clock/alarm, the USB port is still in perfect shape even after 3 years of nightly "physical" docking...

Hopefully it's the same with the SIII.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non