Am I the only one?

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
All I keep hearing about is how much everyone hates Touchwiz. I like it. It doesn't really bother me other than the keyboard.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: iluvmay

qdtphotog

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
No you're not. I like it too. But I'm sure at some point I'll be bored with it and will try something else. But for now I'm digging it. I'm also impressed with the swype style stock keyboard even though it doesn't do well with words that have the ' in them. But it's good enough that I don't feel like I have to get another keyboard.

Reactions: juststart

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind touchwiz, I like a overlay on the stock os.... I didn't care for the keyboard. But SwiftKey 3 seems to have really taken care of that.

Vladabeast

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't mind it. Some people won't even touch a Samsung phone cause they say touchwiz sucks.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Being new to Android, I also like having the OS skin overlay. Touchwiz is more intuitive and better organized than Sense having test driven the HOX during a couple of store visits. Being a RIM user as I still have a 9900 for work and a Playbook, I was very anxious about the transition to Android. Touchwiz made it very easy and enjoyable.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
GSIII is also my first android device and i'm also coming from the BB world...since i dont have anything else to compare with in the android world save hear say, i'm cool with touchwiz until i see something that offers me a better android experience...Jelly bean maybe

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I received an email while reading this post. Jumped to the homescreen and opened the email. The, I hit the homescreen button and brought up the task manager which allowed me to close the email and jump back here.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I love it feels slicker than stock. Haters gon hate.

;-)

All this I love vanilla stuff is lame to me we need change sometimes. I'll root and run rims if they ever figure out vzw bootloader stuff. But I'm happy for now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say I "like" it. But then, I wouldn't say I have high levels of affection for any of them.

Truth is, after trying about 5 different launchers, there's only about 1 or 2 features from each that really differentiates one from the next. All the rest is just window dressing that really doesn’t matter.

I’m using a third party launcher because it gives me one or two features I value that TW doesn’t. But really, I could return to stock with little heartburn.

-Suntan

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This is my first TouchWiz phone and I don't have any problems with it either... I was running Nexus phones before. I don't see why so many people hate on TouchWiz.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I like TouchWiz! This is not a TW thing but a Samsung thing......I LOVE how you can swipe on your contacts left for messages and right for calls! I missed that feature once I started rooting my old Epic 4G. I DON'T understand why Google can't incorporate that into their OS!!!

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I like it. My wife, who is technically challenged (she'll never see this, right?) was using her SGS III right out of the box. So it seems intuitive to first time users.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
As a new Android user - I can't say Touchwiz bothers me. Unfortunately I don't yet have much of a comparison! Things are fine so far and I haven't pulled the trigger on Apex/Nova/Go launchers yet...

What DOES bother me is the fact that I can't disable Touchwiz and just try out stock ICS as Google intended it. Sure, ship me a phone with Touchwiz installed and enabled by default...but give me the opportunity to totally disable it if I want, please!

mizzoudrew

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Coming from HTC Sense, and then briefly a rooted stock ICS experience on a Droid Incredible, I was shocked at how utterly awful TouchWiz is. On top of that, the Samsung keyboard is the worst I've ever used.

After a few days, I installed:
* Nova Launcher
* Swiftkey 3 (paid)
* Handcent
* Fancy Widgets (paid)
* Zedge (for some normal ringtones)

and now this phone is awesome. Samsung makes outstanding hardware, but they leave a lot to be desired on the software side. I mean, who releases a phone that doesn't even have an actual ringing ringtone? If you're new to Android, try out a few of the apps above, and you will see that your user experience can be MUCH better. Swiftkey 3 has a 30 day free trial, I believe. With Nova, you can edit the number of rows and columns in your screen, as well as giving you a scrolling drawer at the bottom.... so much better than TW.

Screenshot_2012-07-13-09-47-05.png

Screenshot_2012-07-13-09-49-16.png

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't understand either why the hate for TW. Its not the best looking UI out there. But it doesn't hinder my user experience one bit, and it fast and smooth . I'm kool wid it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez