Experience in polishing GS3 screen

tomar264

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I would mention my experience for anyone having minor screen scratches on their new galaxy S3. I'm a chemist and during the course of my workday accidentally got a small drop of acid on my screen (no protector). Gorilla Glass 2 is pretty resilient but will not hold up to concentrated acid and it ate a small spot into the screen, so I decided to try to polish it out. I happened to have some Maguires paint scratch remover at home for my car so I gave it a try. The spot did come out entirely and the results overall were pretty good, however gorilla glass 2 is impressive stuff and the screen normally leaves very few fingerprints due to essentially no imperfections in the glass surface. The area I polished is now only noticeable when the screen is not completely clean, as that area is much more prone to fingerprints. It's a small price to pay for getting rid of scratches, but something to consider if you value that buttery smooth feel of the bareback SG3 screen.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
great advice man. ive always wondered if scratch remover (we call it T-cut here) would work on a phone screen. when i worked as a car valeter, i used it to fix scratches on windscreens (windsheilds) it took a LOT of rubbing in small circle motions but worked :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch